Writing a test environment

Tim Frink

Hi,

I've written a Visual Basic application that reads data from a CSV file,
performs several computations and finally writes the results to a file.

The computations are fired by clicking on some buttons of the GUI I've
implemented. So, the user has to go through several masks, make his
choices in pulldown menus and then confirm his choice by a button.

Up to now I am testing the results by hand which slowly becomes
infeasible since it consumes too much time. That's why I am planing to
write some automatic tests.

Can you give my any hints how these tests may look like for my scenario?
Are there eventually some libraries/templates that I could use for that
purpose?

Thank you.
Tim

Cor

Is it not better to investigate why it is slow, in this way it becomes
overall only slower and probably at a certain moment not anymore
maintainable.

So how do you read the CSV?