Write/Redirect output from "Console.out.Write" to panel INSIDE Visual Studio possible ?

S

Steven Prasil

When I run/debug a program with Console.out.write statements inside and the program
execution reaches this statement then a new console/command prompt window (this with black background)
is opened OUTSIDE of VisStudio and the text is written into this new window.

I remember that I have seen somewhere a VisStudio session where that text was written instead
to a little window panel at the bottom of VisStudio (similar to Errors, Warnings, Messages).

But how does that go exactly? Which setting do I have to toggle to achieve this re-direction?

Steven

L

Ludwig

When I run/debug a program with Console.out.write statements inside and the program
execution reaches this statement then a new console/command prompt window (this with black background)
is opened OUTSIDE of VisStudio and the text is written into this new window.

I remember that I have seen somewhere a VisStudio session where that text was written instead
to a little window panel at the bottom of VisStudio (similar to Errors, Warnings, Messages).

But how does that go exactly? Which setting do I have to toggle to achieve this re-direction?

Steven

Check out the System.Diagnostics.Debug and System.Diagnostics.Trace
classes.

Ask a Question