Would you believe it!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've found out what has been causing the server problems all this time! As the failure occured during backup, I monitored the precise time it happens... It is in one part of the DB only.

It appears that the InnoDB tables have become courrpt in one part, which causes MySQL to fail once accessed. However, it isn't easy at all to fix a courrupt InnoDB - so I'm going to process each table individually late at night.

In the mean time, there is an effective fix in place which was tested when the site would have otherwise "crashed" last night. It was down for less than 1 minute :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Think I'd found the offending row already, as I've just done a backup in less than 1 min :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well done Ian, you obviously know your stuff! :)

Although i dont have a clue what your on about! :confused:

:D

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
It's a shame there's no gold star on my smilies list or I would definitely have awarded you several for sorting that one out!

Well done boss:thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Took you long enough ... :rolleyes:

:D

* Nice job, well done *

Reaction score
Miracles Ian:thumb: does them at once! Impossibilities take him a little longer.:D

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
strange how such a small thing could have caused the system to crash, anyway good job ian :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
strange how such a small thing could have caused the system to crash

I know, it is strange isn't it! I've read the InnoDB forums and its a known "feature" (not a bug apparently ;)). If the DB rollback can't fix the row, it just hangs until reset - great :rolleyes: I'm going to check for courruption each week and hope that sorts it.

There is now a connection fix and DB courruption reset proceedure in place should either of the 2 problems that sometimes occur happen. Lets hope thats all it needs :D :thumb:

Ask a Question