Working with Graphics in VB.NET????

J

Jason Bodine

Hi all,

I have been working on porting a MDI app I wrote in VB6 some time ago to VB..NET 2010. A major part of the app includes working with graphics; specifically, using the LoadPicture, PaintPicture, and SavePicture methods of the VB6 picturebox control and the API functions CreateCompatibleBitmap,CreateDC,DeleteDC,SelectObject,DeleteObject,BitBlt,StretchBlt, and SetStretchBltMode to do all of the following: 1. Copy and paste images into a RichTextBox control, 2. Take pictures with the webcam, 3.Set a wallpaper image for my MDI parent form and stretch it to fit, and 4. resize the image to fit again when the form is resized.

Please forgive the total newbie question, lol, but how do I do these thingsin VB.NET? I've done an extensive search on Google and can find very little on the VB.NET equivalents/replacements for all of the above and how to use them. Any help will be appreciated, as I will lose a major chunk of the features available in the previous version without them!

Thanks!
Jason

J

Jason Bodine

Hi all,

I have been working on porting a MDI app I wrote in VB6 some time ago to VB.NET 2010. A major part of the app includes working with graphics; specifically, using the LoadPicture, PaintPicture, and SavePicture methods of the VB6 picturebox control and the API functions CreateCompatibleBitmap,CreateDC,DeleteDC,SelectObject,DeleteObject,BitBlt,StretchBlt, and SetStretchBltMode to do all of the following: 1. Copy and paste images into a RichTextBox control, 2. Take pictures with the webcam, 3.Set a wallpaper image for myMDI parent form and stretch it to fit, and 4. resize the image to fit again when the form is resized.

Please forgive the total newbie question, lol, but how do I do these things in VB.NET? I've done an extensive search on Google and can find very little on the VB.NET equivalents/replacements for all of the above and how to use them. Any help will be appreciated, as I will lose a major chunk of thefeatures available in the previous version without them!

Thanks!

Jason

Wow this place is quiet! Is there anyone actually here? LOL

M

Michael Cole

Jason Bodine submitted this idea :
Wow this place is quiet! Is there anyone actually here? LOL

Extremely few. Most dotNetters have switched to the web interface
groups that MS have - MS no longer support USENet groups, and have
deleted these from their server - they are still supported on other
servers.

Some of the other newsgroups are still rather active, but the
dotNetters seem to follow the MS instructions more than others...

Ask a Question