Work and staff schedule

Manosh

Hi all,
i am trying to find a simple way to count the number of days staff
will be working on particular tasks by week as well as a total.
This is what the xls should look like:
1. The weeks are columns, and identity when the task, in rows, starts
and stops
2. The tasks are rows against the weeks and staff working are
identified in no. of days.
3. In the rows below the tasks the staff names are repeated so that we
can get a summary of staff involved.

W1 W2 S1 S2 Total
T1 X X 1 1 2
T2 X 1 1
Total 2 1 3

S1 1.5 .5
S2 .5 .5
Total 2.0 1.0

where T = task, S = staff, W = week

I've been trying hard to get this to work automatically, my inputs
will be duration of a task and the number of days that the staff works
in the same row. i'd like the sheet at the bottom to fill up
automoatically.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
manosh