Word 2007: printing two pages on one sheet

When I select print 2 pages on one sheet, the first document prints fine. If
I have to print a second document, however, it comes out garbled: instead of
two reduced pages side by side on a single sheet, the two pages print full
size one on top of the other. The result is an unreadable mess. The only
solution that I have found so far is to exit Word, restart it, reset the
printer properties dialog, and print the second document from scratch.

Any suggestions?

Zvi Lerman

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Pat,

MS has discontinued the Send a Smile/Frown applet for the Office 2007 beta.

==========
<<"Pat Garard" <apgarard-bigpond:net:au> wrote in message Hi Zv1,

Send a Frown and wait until Office 2007 is released.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Zvi,

Are you using Word 2007 Beta 2 or with the Beta 2 Technical Refresh product update patches from http://microsoft.com/downloads
(search on B2TR)?

What version of Windows and what is the printer you're using?

Are you using Office Button=>Print=>Print or the 'quickprint' icon on the Toolbar?

===========
When I select print 2 pages on one sheet, the first document prints fine. If
I have to print a second document, however, it comes out garbled: instead of
two reduced pages side by side on a single sheet, the two pages print full
size one on top of the other. The result is an unreadable mess. The only
solution that I have found so far is to exit Word, restart it, reset the
printer properties dialog, and print the second document from scratch.

Any suggestions?

Zvi Lerman>>

Hi, Bob:

1) I am using Word2007 Beta 2, presumably with Technical Refresh because all
the update patches were installed automatically when I dowloaded and
installed Office 2007 Beta 2 last week.

2) Windows XP SP2 is my operating system.

3) My printer is HP LaserJet 2300d (2300 series PCL6 driver). I go Print >
Printer Properties > Finishing and then select "2 pages per sheet". I do not
use the quickprint aplet.

I hope this provides all the relevant information. Look forward to your
verdict.

Regards, Zvi

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Zvi,

In Word 2007 use Alt+TO,R to see the Word 2007 build level. If you have the Technical Refresh installed (not available through
http://officeupdate.com ) it will show 12.0.4407.1005. If it shows .4017. rather than .4407. it is still Beta 2 and the difference
could be that a fix was implemented.

From your description are you using the duplex features of the printer for the sheets?

What happens if you use File=>Print and set '2 pages per sheet' 'no scaling' in the Word print dialog without adjusting the Printer
properties?

When you say it happens in the 2nd document, are both opened in Word already when you start and are both .docx or .doc? I've seen a
couple of oddities where the file would misprint when it was a .docx but would print correctly if I then use a 'Save as' and make a
..doc copy for printing.

=============
Hi, Bob:

1) I am using Word2007 Beta 2, presumably with Technical Refresh because all
the update patches were installed automatically when I dowloaded and
installed Office 2007 Beta 2 last week.

2) Windows XP SP2 is my operating system.

3) My printer is HP LaserJet 2300d (2300 series PCL6 driver). I go Print >
Printer Properties > Finishing and then select "2 pages per sheet". I do not
use the quickprint aplet.

I hope this provides all the relevant information. Look forward to your
verdict.

Regards, Zvi >>

Dear Bob:

Thanks a lot. My assumption was wrong and I had B2 without the TR (curious,
because I installed B2 on Oct. 15, when TR was already available on the
Office2007 site...). I have now downloaded and installed TR, the build number
has changed as indicated in your letter, and the problem has gone! The TR
also cured an annoying problem in PowerPoint2007, which originally distorted
the fonts in imported graphics: now the imported diagrams look almost normal
(although still not quite...).

I apologize for raising the alarm without thinking of the need to update to
TR.

I appreciate very much your timely, thorough, and professional response.
Many thanks for your great help,

Zvi

Patrick Schmid [MVP]

because I installed B2 on Oct. 15, when TR was already available on
the
Office2007 site...). I have now downloaded and installed TR, the build number
The Office Preview Site only offers to download Beta 2. Beta 2 TR was
distributed as a patch for B2 only, so even if you downloaded after B2TR
was available, you still only downloaded B2 and to download the patch
separately.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

Thank you, Patrick. I realize that now. Visited your B2TR page and ejoyed
reading the instructions concerning Building Blocks.dotx -- which of course
was the first problem that I encountered when I started B2TR for the first
time.

Zvi