Word 2007 Opens in Review Mode

R

RickB

Word 2007 always opend documents in the Review Model (Final with Markup). It
is soooooooo annoying. How do I stop that?

Thanks, RickB

T

Trent Argante

I second that! I have the same problem with Word 2003.
I came here hoping to find a solution.

B

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Rick,

Word opens documents with unprocessed changes in them with
'Display for Review' active primarily so that you are not caught unaware that there are pending changes and send out a document
that based on what review display review mode you're in leads you to think the document is cleaned up and finished :)

You can Accept (incorporate) the changes or Reject (roll back) the changes via the Review toolbar or via
Office Button=>Prepare=>Document Inspector
and turn on the 'Track Changes' status display on the status bar on the bottom of the document by right clicking on the status bar.
If you didn't intend to track and mark your changes then that status would normally read 'off'. Turning it off once a change is
made, won't undo the tracking, just stop additional tracking. The Accept/Reject choices will clear out the pending change trigger
that turns on the 'Display for Review' settings.

You can choose to turn off the warning that there are changes to be handled for *your* computer but it doesn't stop the display of
the unprocessed changes on someone elses computer if they open or are emailed the document. The setting is in
Office Button=>Word Options=>Trust Center=>Privacy
================
Word 2007 always opend documents in the Review Model (Final with Markup). It
is soooooooo annoying. How do I stop that?

Thanks, RickB <<
--

Bob Buckland ?:)
MS Office System Products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Ask a Question