Word 2002, File - Open

species8350

Hi

For some reason Word is opening the folder in full-screen. This is a new phenomenon. I can't seem to reduce the size of this screen.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Peter T. Daniels

Word doesn't open folders --

In Word2007, when Word opens a file at the wrong size (typically, the
size of whichever file was last closed), you can teach it the correct
size by resizing the window as you want it, then click the "full
screen" button in the upper right corner, then click the "smaller"
button that the former one turns into, then close the file. The next
time you open it, it should be the size you want.

species8350

Word doesn't open folders --

In Word2007, when Word opens a file at the wrong size (typically, the
size of whichever file was last closed), you can teach it the correct
size by resizing the window as you want it, then click the "full
screen" button in the upper right corner, then click the "smaller"
button that the former one turns into, then close the file. The next
time you open it, it should be the size you want.

On Jul 27, 6:42 am, species8350 <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> For some reason Word is opening the folder in full-screen. This is anew phenomenon. I can't seem to reduce the size of this screen.
>
> Can anyone advise?
>
> Thanks

Thanks for responding.

I managed to restore the size by clicking a button in the top left corner of the page. There was no such resize button in the top right.

Best wishes.

Peter T. Daniels

Thanks for responding.

I managed to restore the size by clicking a button in the top left cornerof the page. There was no such resize button in the top right.

Best wishes.-

As I said, my instructions were for Word2007. I haven't used Word2003
since 2006.

You may have been victimized by "new google groups" -- a few days ago,
a popup appeared asking if I wanted to switch back; they added a line
for doing that under the "Tools" menu (the gear-wheel icon) at the
bottom.

species8350

As I said, my instructions were for Word2007. I haven't used Word2003

since 2006.

You may have been victimized by "new google groups" -- a few days ago,

a popup appeared asking if I wanted to switch back; they added a line

for doing that under the "Tools" menu (the gear-wheel icon) at the

bottom.

I don't understand your comment regarding 'new google groups'

Ps. I am using Word 2002 not 2003

Stefan Blom

Google groups is a way to access these newsgroups, and the interface for Google
groups has been redesigned, not necessarily for the better. :-( Personally, I
make use of a newsreader and the news server at news.eternal-september.org
(registration required at www.eternal-september.org but access is free).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Peter T. Daniels

And a dead giveaway that one has been thrown into "new google groups"
is the replacement of non-ASCII characters with codes like "&gt."
Perhaps some other service has also mis-encoded itself recently.

I'm guessing that Word2002 is the Mac version of Word2003. I haven't
used a Mac since Word 5.0.

Stefan Blom

I was wondering about the HTML markup that I have seen in some posts...

As far as versions are concerned, Word 2002 is actually for Windows; it's the
version in Office XP.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP