Wont boot after installing Sp1

G

Im having a big problem with my computer. It recently crashed and I was forced to format and reinstall windows. Windows XP professional installs fine, however once Service Pack 1 is installed and the computer restarts it enters a terminal boot cycle, no matter what option I pick , Safe Mode, Start Normally, it wont load windows and will continually reboot itself. I did not have this problem a previous time when reformatting and reinstalling windows. Please help!

G

-----Original Message-----
Im having a big problem with my computer. It recently
crashed and I was forced to format and reinstall windows.
Windows XP professional installs fine, however once
Service Pack 1 is installed and the computer restarts it
enters a terminal boot cycle, no matter what option I
pick , Safe Mode, Start Normally, it wont load windows
and will continually reboot itself. I did not have this
problem a previous time when reformatting and
reinstalling windows. Please help!
I'm Having a similar problem.
Hi,
My system freezes at the welcome screen when trying to
log on to any user.
It also will not start in safe mode.
BUT it will start in Debugging Mode.
This seems to happen or I often have Windows problems
after installing & running Visual Studio or Visual
Basic .NET 2002??
I Have all the latest Drives (sound, video etc..)&
Patches.

WHY is it that MICROSOFT doesn't run on MICROSOFT?!!!
Do I need to need to switch to LINUX for important stuff
and business and use Microsoft only for games???

G

ChrisP said:
Im having a big problem with my computer. It recently crashed and I was forced to format and reinstall windows. Windows XP professional installs fine, however once Service Pack 1 is installed and the computer restarts it enters a terminal boot cycle, no matter what option I pick , Safe Mode, Start Normally, it wont load windows and will continually reboot itself. I did not have this problem a previous time when reformatting and reinstalling windows. Please help!
I am having the same problem. I installed SP 1 and my computer just about died. It would boot after several attempts but then I couldn't do anything... everything stalled out when opened. A friend said that MS tech support told him that he had to totally uninstall Mcafee virus software before installing SP1. I uninstalled SP1 and attempted uninstalling mcaffee. I left part of mcafee on because some files would not delete. After that, I re-installed SP1 from the MS website download. When I attempted to reboot, my machine goes into a boot loop and keeps trying to reboot after failing to boot. If you find an answer to this, please let me know: (e-mail address removed).

Ask a Question