WMP10 -- Cannot play DVDs in full-screen mode

?

? WhyMe ?

Greetings to all.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 9200 with WindowsXP SP2, WMP10 and PowerDVD
installed. Previously everything was working well. Now, I cannot play DVDs
in full-screen mode via Windows MediaPlayer 10 (the screen is just
gray/black). WMP can play it in windowed mode; and PowerDVD can play it in
windowed mode or full-screen without any problems.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
?WhyMe?

?

? WhyMe ?

An addendum:

The same error (can play windowed but not in full-screen) when using Real
Player. So it must be a problem with the PowerDVD decoder.

I reinstalled the decoder, but the same thing is happening in both WMP10 and
RP.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.
?WhyMe?

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Your question can best be answered by reposting in the
"Windows Media Player" newsgroup:

Visit the "Official" Windows Media Player Newsgroup:

Windows Media Player FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/faq.aspx

Windows Media Player: WMP mini FAQ (Excellent Site!)
http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html

Windows Media Player Support Center
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];wmp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

:

| I am using a Dell Inspiron 9200 with WindowsXP SP2, WMP10 and PowerDVD
| installed. Previously everything was working well. Now, I cannot play DVDs
| in full-screen mode via Windows MediaPlayer 10 (the screen is just
| gray/black). WMP can play it in windowed mode; and PowerDVD can play it in
| windowed mode or full-screen without any problems.
|
| Any thoughts?
|
| Thanks.
| ?WhyMe?

kurttrail

? WhyMe ? said:
Greetings to all.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 9200 with WindowsXP SP2, WMP10 and PowerDVD
installed. Previously everything was working well. Now, I cannot
play DVDs in full-screen mode via Windows MediaPlayer 10 (the screen
is just gray/black). WMP can play it in windowed mode; and PowerDVD
can play it in windowed mode or full-screen without any problems.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
?WhyMe?

"Previously everything was working well."

"Previously" to what changes?

--
Peace!
Kurt

?

? WhyMe ?

WhyMe>> "Previously everything was working well."
Kurt> "Previously" to what changes?

'Previously' as in "in the past" and "before this problem started" ;-) I
can't identify a cause for the problem. All I know is that at one point,
WMP refused to play DVDs completely, citing a problem with the "digital
copyright." I reinstalled the PowerDVD decoder software at this point, and
WMP started playing the DVDs again, like it used to -- except that it
doesn't play in full-screen mode anymore.

Any ideas?

kurttrail

? WhyMe ? said:
WhyMe>> "Previously everything was working well."
Kurt> "Previously" to what changes?

'Previously' as in "in the past" and "before this problem started"
;-) I can't identify a cause for the problem. All I know is that at
one point, WMP refused to play DVDs completely, citing a problem with
the "digital copyright." I reinstalled the PowerDVD decoder software
at this point, and WMP started playing the DVDs again, like it used
to -- except that it doesn't play in full-screen mode anymore.

Any ideas?

Yeah.

"All I know is that at one point, WMP refused to play DVDs completely,
citing a problem with the "digital copyright." I reinstalled the
PowerDVD decoder software at this point, and WMP started playing the
DVDs again, like it used to -- except that it doesn't play in
full-screen mode anymore."

So why did you keep this info hidden? Did you want help, or a psychic
reading?

Go to the Cyberlink web site and see if there is an update for your
version of PowerDVD, though the stars may be against you.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

if it works on power dvd the n what is the big deal, dont play dvds on wmp,
you should consider reading " Developing Common Sense
For Dummies"

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hello,

I notice that you have posted the same question in our newsgroup, to which
I have already responded. Please check my answer there.

I copy my reply here for your convenience.

---------------------------------------
I agree with all in this thread. I also think this problems may relate to
PowerDVD, please conatct Cyberlink Web site for assistance first. I provide
the link here for your convenience.

http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.jsp

-------------------------------------

Best regards,

Vincent Xu
Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "? WhyMe ?" <[email protected]>
| Subject: WMP10 -- Cannot play DVDs in full-screen mode
| Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:48:41 -0400
| Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer,microsoft.public.windowsmedi
a,microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,mi
crosoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

| Greetings to all.
|
| I am using a Dell Inspiron 9200 with WindowsXP SP2, WMP10 and PowerDVD
| installed. Previously everything was working well. Now, I cannot play
DVDs
| in full-screen mode via Windows MediaPlayer 10 (the screen is just
| gray/black). WMP can play it in windowed mode; and PowerDVD can play it
in
| windowed mode or full-screen without any problems.
|
| Any thoughts?
|
| Thanks.
| ?WhyMe?

?

? WhyMe ?

if it works on power dvd the n what is the big deal, dont play dvds on
wmp,
you should consider reading " Developing Common Sense
For Dummies"

Wow, why all the antagonism?

If something was working seamlessly before, and now has a glitch, why not
try to fix it back to how it was before?

Besides, I like using WMP to play every type of media.

Thanks for everyone's input.... Still searching for a solution, though.

Vincent Xu [MSFT]

Hello,

I think I must explain that we are not against your using PowerDVD. Since
this issue happens after you update the PowerDVD decoder, so we suspect
there is somthing going wrong after your update. At this point, I think
contact cyberlink for assistance should be more properly.

Thank you for understanding.