winsock: UDP-Rx without checksum

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Developer' started by Ezmeralda, Jun 26, 2007.

  1. Ezmeralda

    Ezmeralda Guest

    Hello,

    I need to receive UDP Datagrams which do have no UDP-checksum, i. e.
    UDP-checksum = 0x0000. My operating system is Windows 2000.
    I tried with a normal socket

    socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)

    but obviously, I do not receive any datagram because of checksum.

    Is it possible to disable checksum verification for RX-SOCK_DGRAM-
    Sockets?
    How?
    Can you suggest a workaround if not?

    Thanks!

    Ezmeralda, Jun 26, 2007

  2. "Ezmeralda" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to receive UDP Datagrams which do have no UDP-checksum, i. e.
    > UDP-checksum = 0x0000. My operating system is Windows 2000.
    > I tried with a normal socket
    >

    > socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0)

    There's setsockopt(UDP_NOCHECKSUM) which disables transmit checksums...
    nothing I saw for receive. But zero is supposed to be always accepted, it
    isn't a wrong checksum, it is no checksum at all (the true checksum must be
    non-zero).

    Have you any sort of firewall that might be discarding what it perceives as
    "invalid" packets?

    Ben Voigt [C++ MVP], Jul 24, 2007