\winnt\system32\l_intl.nls


G

Guest

Think while trying toread my ext hdd, it corrupted my system . Now, when I
try to boot up my dual boot, I get this message,
"Win2k cannot boot up.\winnt\system32\l_intl.nls is missing or corrupted.
You can repair ........" how do I go about it after getting to the recovery
console. Thanks
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Dave Patrick

You can replace the file from the recovery console. From a command prompt
you can expand the file. An example;

expand E:\I386\l_intl.nl_ %windir%\system32\l_intl.nls

would expand a new copy to the \system32 directory.

Also you'll want to use the correct version for the service pack level
you're at. So you may need to extract the file from a service pack.

To extract the service pack files without installing them, execute
J:\W2kSP4\W2KSP4.exe /x
Then when prompted, specify a directory to hold the extracted files.

To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. At
the "Welcome to Setup" screen. Press F10 or R to repair a Windows 2000
installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The Recovery
Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do not have
the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
Console quits and restarts the computer. Note If the registry is corrupted
or missing or no valid installations are found, the Recovery Console starts
in the root of the startup volume without requiring a password. You cannot
access any folders, but you can carry out commands such as chkdsk, fixboot,
and fixmbr for limited disk repairs. Once the password has been validated,
you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access to the hard
disk. You can only access the following folders on your computer: drive
root, %systemroot% or %windir%


--

Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect
 
G

Guest

At last I can see the posting.
Quote:- "To extract the service pack files without installing them,
execute
J:\W2kSP4\W2KSP4.exe /x
Then when prompted, specify a directory to hold the extracted files.
.....unquote

I don't quite understand and how to go about it. (Prior to the problem in
booting, my win2k is sp4 updated regularly through WindoesUpdate.)
Dave Patrick said:
You can replace the file from the recovery console. From a command prompt
you can expand the file. An example;

expand E:\I386\l_intl.nl_ %windir%\system32\l_intl.nls

would expand a new copy to the \system32 directory.

Also you'll want to use the correct version for the service pack level
you're at. So you may need to extract the file from a service pack.

To extract the service pack files without installing them, execute
J:\W2kSP4\W2KSP4.exe /x
Then when prompted, specify a directory to hold the extracted files.

To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. At
the "Welcome to Setup" screen. Press F10 or R to repair a Windows 2000
installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The Recovery
Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do not have
the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
Console quits and restarts the computer. Note If the registry is corrupted
or missing or no valid installations are found, the Recovery Console starts
in the root of the startup volume without requiring a password. You cannot
access any folders, but you can carry out commands such as chkdsk, fixboot,
and fixmbr for limited disk repairs. Once the password has been validated,
you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access to the hard
disk. You can only access the following folders on your computer: drive
root, %systemroot% or %windir%


--

Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

liveprices said:
Think while trying toread my ext hdd, it corrupted my system . Now, when I
try to boot up my dual boot, I get this message,
"Win2k cannot boot up.\winnt\system32\l_intl.nls is missing or corrupted.
You can repair ........" how do I go about it after getting to the
recovery
console. Thanks
 
G

Guest

When I boot from cd rom and at win2000 Setup I get the following message
Disk I/O error 00008000
and it will repeat itself if I leave it longer
At the bottom is will show "setup is loading files (QLogic ....Adapter).....
Does that means I have a physical hdd issue?
Dave Patrick said:
You can replace the file from the recovery console. From a command prompt
you can expand the file. An example;

expand E:\I386\l_intl.nl_ %windir%\system32\l_intl.nls

would expand a new copy to the \system32 directory.

Also you'll want to use the correct version for the service pack level
you're at. So you may need to extract the file from a service pack.

To extract the service pack files without installing them, execute
J:\W2kSP4\W2KSP4.exe /x
Then when prompted, specify a directory to hold the extracted files.

To start the Recovery Console, start the computer from the Windows 2000
Setup CD or the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks. If you do not have Setup
floppy disks and your computer cannot start from the Windows 2000 Setup CD,
use another Windows 2000-based computer to create the Setup floppy disks. At
the "Welcome to Setup" screen. Press F10 or R to repair a Windows 2000
installation, and then press C to use the Recovery Console. The Recovery
Console then prompts you for the administrator password. If you do not have
the correct password, Recovery Console does not allow access to the
computer. If an incorrect password is entered three times, the Recovery
Console quits and restarts the computer. Note If the registry is corrupted
or missing or no valid installations are found, the Recovery Console starts
in the root of the startup volume without requiring a password. You cannot
access any folders, but you can carry out commands such as chkdsk, fixboot,
and fixmbr for limited disk repairs. Once the password has been validated,
you have full access to the Recovery Console, but limited access to the hard
disk. You can only access the following folders on your computer: drive
root, %systemroot% or %windir%


--

Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

liveprices said:
Think while trying toread my ext hdd, it corrupted my system . Now, when I
try to boot up my dual boot, I get this message,
"Win2k cannot boot up.\winnt\system32\l_intl.nls is missing or corrupted.
You can repair ........" how do I go about it after getting to the
recovery
console. Thanks
 
D

Dave Patrick

In order to start the RC you will need to boot the Windows 2000 setup disks
or CD-Rom and *F6* very early and very important (at setup is inspecting
your system) in the setup to prevent drive controller detection, and select
S to specify additional drivers. Then later you'll be prompted to insert the
manufacturer supplied Windows 2000 driver for your drive's controller in
drive "A"

--

Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect
 
Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top