Windows XP wont open a second window

G

when I connect to the net all is fine i can use the first window fine if i try display another web page in a second window it loads that page then closes the second window immediatly and when i close the first window i cant keep any internet windows open the load fully then close anyone know whats goin on Im running XP Home on a Toshiba laptop and IE 6

G

Download jvm
or
You have to repair internet explorer.To do this follow the following steps
To repair or reinstall Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP, complete the following procedure while you are logged on as an administrator:
Use the System File Checker tool to scan all of the protected files on your computer:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type sfc /scannow, and then click OK.

Note that you may be prompted for the Windows XP or Windows XP Service Pack 1 installation media.

Method 2
While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.

To reinstall only the Internet Explorer 6 browser component on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}

To reinstall only Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor, and then install Internet Explorer 6.

Restore the system to back date
or reload the os

Ask a Question