Windows XP SP2 and Proxy Settings

G

Gavin

Hope someone can help, we have a GPO that applies a proxy setting as well as folder redirection, what I have noticed is that the folder redirection policy is working fine but the proxy settings are not getting applied and we get the following error...

The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Branding failed to log RSOP (Resultant Set of Policy) data. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

When I run a RSOP on the machine it shows me the same error and I am not sure what is causing this problem... anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? FYI... this is only happening on Windows XP SP 2 it does not happen on SP 1?

Thanks
Gavin...

G

Gavin

I have the answer to my own question.... looks like there is a hotfix for this one. Check out KB888254 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;888254 received the hotfix from MS and modified the registry as said in the documentation... restarted the PC and the error cleared ...

Thanks
Gavin...
Hope someone can help, we have a GPO that applies a proxy setting as well as folder redirection, what I have noticed is that the folder redirection policy is working fine but the proxy settings are not getting applied and we get the following error...

The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Branding failed to log RSOP (Resultant Set of Policy) data. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension.

When I run a RSOP on the machine it shows me the same error and I am not sure what is causing this problem... anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? FYI... this is only happening on Windows XP SP 2 it does not happen on SP 1?

Thanks
Gavin...

Ask a Question