windows XP restore no desktiop

G

I did a system restore because I thought I had a virus problem. sanned for viruses, cleaned them, scanned for spyware, cleaned, it. Still operating a little weird. So I did a system restore to a point before I had problems. When it was done and I rebotted, it asked me for a windows password (never have had one). If I just clic OK, it starts to load windows, the wallpaper comes up and then it locks. No icons, task bar, or anything comes up. Any help to get past this is appreciated.

G

On desktop,press:Ctrl_Alt_Delete this opens task mgr.,select new task
type:cmd In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the graph starts install xp cd,exi
the info page.When its thru type:EXIT Remove cd,restart computer.

G

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw that one in another posting. However, it will not let me ctrl-alt-delete at the wallpaper. It is just locked up at that point. The music even plays as if it is going to go into windows fully, but never gets there. Any other thoughts or suggestions. I am going to try some stuff from safe mode (if I can get full boot that way) or even a repair using the XP install CD. Your thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Ask a Question