A

ASH

We have 2 registers they are:
Register #1:Windows XP Professional SP 3RAM: 2GBRMS: v2.0.0128 Register
#2: Windows XP Professional SP 3RAM: 2GBRMS: v2.0.012

we would have errors
(Database connection loast, application will close error#2147467259
4-5 times a day when using POS I was advised to do the following
-Checked SO Admin DB configuration for Register #1 (Main server)Server Name: (local)Database Name: CardinalDB-Changed Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections to Local connections only on the server's Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Configuration Tools-Made sure that the Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections is set to Local and Remote connections on the Register #2-Opened Client Network Utility on both registers*Enabled Protocols by Order column is blank enable both NAMED PIPES and TCP/IP on both computers-Opened SQL Server Configuration Manager-Checked Protocols for MSSQLSERVER*Shared Memory,Named Pipes and TCP/IP and Via are disabled on Main Register*In Register # 2 , Named Pipes and TCP/IP are enabled; Shared Memory and Via are both disabled-Enabled the Shared Memory,Named Pipes and TCP/IP Protocol

The system runs now on one register fine and the other still same problem, also a popup now comes up on register 1 sayin
Windows Delayed Write Failed

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.
Please some one help me understand whats going on

J

John W. Vinson

We have 2 registers they are:
Register #1:Windows XP Professional SP 3RAM: 2GBRMS: v2.0.0128 Register
#2: Windows XP Professional SP 3RAM: 2GBRMS: v2.0.0128

we would have errors:
(Database connection loast, application will close error#2147467259)
4-5 times a day when using POS I was advised to do the following:
-Checked SO Admin DB configuration for Register #1 (Main server)Server Name: (local)Database Name: CardinalDB-Changed Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections to Local connections only on the server's Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Configuration Tools-Made sure that the Surface Area Configuration for Services and Connections is set to Local and Remote connections on the Register #2-Opened Client Network Utility on both registers*Enabled Protocols by Order column is blank enable both NAMED PIPES and TCP/IP on both computers-Opened SQL Server Configuration Manager-Checked Protocols for MSSQLSERVER*Shared Memory,Named Pipes and TCP/IP and Via are disabled on Main Register*In Register # 2 , Named Pipes and TCP/IP are enabled; Shared Memory and Via are both disabled-Enabled the Shared Memory,Named Pipes and TCP/IP Protocols

The system runs now on one register fine and the other still same problem, also a popup now comes up on register 1 saying
Windows Delayed Write Failed

Windows was unable to save all the data for the file C\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.
Please some one help me understand whats going on.

This would appear to be a Windows problem, not a Microsoft Access problem (the
subject of this newsgroup); the webpage can be confusing and may have misled
you.

Do you mean the "Registry"? I'm perhaps out of it, but I don't recognize the
term "register".

A

ASH

John W. Vinson said:
This would appear to be a Windows problem, not a Microsoft Access problem (the
subject of this newsgroup); the webpage can be confusing and may have misled
you.

Do you mean the "Registry"? I'm perhaps out of it, but I don't recognize the
term "register".
I mean a cash register like a RMS retail management system using a data
base that keeps freezing up

J

John W. Vinson

I mean a cash register like a RMS retail management system using a data
base that keeps freezing up

Then you'll need to contact the developer of the software. I very much doubt
that it's a Microsoft Access(TM) database - the subject of this newsgroup.

Ask a Question