Windows Xp 64-bit drivers

None of the feutures on my Asus K8V Deluxe mobo...and not much at all really....is supported in 64-bit edition, every driver I've tried for a sound crad or for any features on my mobo (sound, lan, raid....) has been incompatible with this version of Windows. I realise that it's only a beta, but they shouldn't havbe released this beta if the flaws were still this big, it's ridiculous. If anyone knows of drivers for the onboard K8V deluxe features, or for Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, or Sound Blaster PCI64...please reply to this and tell me where to find 'em

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please post your question to the appropriate newsgroup:

Newsgroup Support for Windows for 64-Bit Extended Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

| None of the feutures on my Asus K8V Deluxe mobo...and not much at all really....is supported in 64-bit
edition, every driver I've tried for a sound crad or for any features on my mobo (sound, lan, raid....) has
been incompatible with this version of Windows. I realise that it's only a beta, but they shouldn't havbe
released this beta if the flaws were still this big, it's ridiculous. If anyone knows of drivers for the
onboard K8V deluxe features, or for Sound Blaster Live! 5.1, or Sound Blaster PCI64...please reply to this and
tell me where to find 'em.

Alex Nichol

joblo said:
None of the feutures on my Asus K8V Deluxe mobo...and not much at all really....is supported in 64-bit edition, every driver I've tried for a sound crad or for any features on my mobo (sound, lan, raid....) has been incompatible with this version of Windows. I realise that it's only a beta, but they shouldn't havbe released this beta if the flaws were still this big, it's ridiculous

Betas are only 'released' to Beta testers, who are told to use them only
on test beds. They are used on production machines at your peril. And
the concern of the MS beta test will be to get *Windows* working
correctly on the AMD 64 bit code - any drivers are very largely up to
the makers of the devices concerned to do when they get around to it.
Which they probably won't until a reasonably stable core system is in
their hands. I have no direct knowledge of the progress of this one,
but I expect it will still be quite a bit before there is a 'Release
Candidate' - that is then getting to the point where the drivers might
start to appear