    1: onboard nic: use only for windows vista and lan / internet 192.168.1.0

    2: second nic: use only for vmware 6.5 and lan / internet 172.16.1.0

    is this possible? and how?

    ceisi, Nov 17, 2008

  2. Hi
    You can configure two NICs on one computer to be on two different networks.
    However if you want both to go to the Internet you need two independent
    Internet connections.
    One Internet connection with a single IP can not feed both.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 18, 2008

  3. ceisi

    ceisi Guest

    thanks for the fast response.

    i have two different networks and internet connection. i do this with my
    firewall. so i have two networks with two internet connections.

    ceisi, Nov 18, 2008
  4. Hi
    I do not understand the real configuration.
    When I mentioned two independent Internet connections, it means two modems,
    and two Routers (Firewalls).
    If you just have two cables going to same Router it can Not work.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 18, 2008