Windows Vista - What a piece of crap

Tom Lake

Obviously none of you clowns graduated from high school or have ever
worked
in the financial community. The "M" stands for "Thousand" in finance not
"Million".
LOL

Maybe but you're in OUR community now. When in Rome....

Also, if you think your XP computer is 30 (or Thirty and no/100 for
you check-writing types!) years old, you can't subtract. Were you
an accountant for Enron by any chance?

Tom Lake

KristleBawl

Only if you still use Roman Numerals! LOL

Metric thousand = 1K, street finance = 1G or Grand, or Large.

"Richard Sainz" wrote in message

MICHAEL

* Richard Sainz:
Obviously none of you clowns graduated from high school or have ever worked in the financial
community. The "M" stands for "Thousand" in finance not "Million". LOL

http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictM.html
A Dictionary of Units of Measurement
© Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

M [1]
informal abbreviation for million in expressions where the base unit is understood,

M [2]
the Roman numeral 1000, sometimes used in symbols to indicate a thousand, as in Mcf, a
traditional symbol for 1000 cubic feet. Given the widespread use of M to mean one million, this
older use of M to mean 1000 is very confusing and should be scrapped.

-M

Dave

Telstar said:
I think mine was a 4k TRS-80 Model I.

I think I paid $1000 for mine in 1975. Still have it.
Maybe I should try to install Vista on it....does Vista come on cassette
tape?
;-)

Jeff

Ian said:
What a lot of rot?

Noting works. Take it back or learn how to use what you buy.

A 30 year old computer has a 30 year old motherboard. Totally unable to
run XP so go tell your fairy tales elsewhere. Your upsetting the serious
users.

What amazes me is that the serious user didn't see it up front for what it
obviously was...

A JOKE!

Jeff

Gary

Dave said:
I think I paid $1000 for mine in 1975. Still have it.
Maybe I should try to install Vista on it....does Vista come on cassette
tape?
;-)

Did you need it in the Tarbell format send me 50 tapes and it might just
fit. :)

Frank

Adam said:
Unlike you Frank, you're just a garden variety village idiot.

Sh*t...I thought you had sobered up?
Oh well, I guess you're really that weak.
A lost cause.
Pathetic!
Frank

Andy

Richard Sainz said:
The computer was 30 years old not the xp operating system. That was put on
when XP first came out. You really are the dumbest bunch of people. lol

When you say "You really", do you mean everyone who hangs out in this
newsgroup Mr. Pot?

Why ya gotta be hating Dick?

30 year old computer, damn, lemme Google(tm) a computer timeline....

Ah, here we go... http://www.computerhope.com/history/196080.htm

1977 Ward Christansen develops a popular modem transfer modem called Xmodem.
1977 Apple becomes Incorporated January 4, 1977
1977 Apple Computer Inc., Radio Shack, and Commodore all introduce
mass-market computers.
1977 ARCNET the first commercially network is developed
1977 Zoom Telephonics is founded.
1977 Apple Computer’s Apple II, the first personal computer with color
graphics is demonstrated.
1977 Commodore announces that the PET (Personal Electronic Transactor) will
be a self-contained unit, with a CPU, RAM, ROM, keyboard, monitor and tape
recorder all for $495.00
1977 Microsoft sells the license for BASIC to Radio Shack and Apple and
introduces the program in Japan.
1977 BSD is introduced.

Holy Crap, you have Windows XP running on a Commodore PET/Apple II?! Damn
Dick, I am impressed.

If you don't want to learn a new OS, stick with XP Dick, XP is a great OS,
and unless you need Vista, don't upgrade. I don't think anyone will argue
with that logic. Most computer companies still offer computers with Windows
XP, return the one you bought and get one with XP pre-installed. Save
yourself some time and a headache.

Bill Yanaire

You don't have to accept my apology because I DIDN'T give you one. You
don't deserve one. By the way, Ubuntu is calling !!!!

Bill Yanaire

The last couple of lines in your post came out gibberish. Must have used an
editor in Ubuntu! You wouldn't have had that problem with Vista !!!

Alias

Bill said:
The last couple of lines in your post came out gibberish. Must have used an
editor in Ubuntu! You wouldn't have had that problem with Vista !!!

No, dear, it's Spanish. Ever hear of it?

Alias

David A. Spicer

I upgraded my 4K CoCo (TRS-80 Color Computer) to 16K, then piggy-backed
another 16K. At 32K I was untouchable :)

thetruthhurts

Real professional advice, though I understand as the MVPs in this
group must be getting shell shocked with all the vista bugs being
reported.

No wonder M$ is working 24x7 to get Vista SP1 one out. They know they
screwed the pooch on this one. A beta of of SP1 less than six months
since the initial release.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yepers a great one.

Ian

Every version of every piece of software ever written has updates after
release. Get a life.