Windows Vista Windows Vista Hibernate option

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and i know a fair bit about computers. The reason for this thread is that, I used to have the hibernate option but for some unknown reason it has dispeared and i only have : "switch user", "log off", "lock", "restart", "sleep" and "shut down"... What happened to my hibernate option? , i used it frequently and i would like to get it back...Anyone know what i can do?

Reaction score
elissa1989 said:
I am new to this forum and i know a fair bit about computers. The reason for this thread is that, I used to have the hibernate option but for some unknown reason it has dispeared and i only have : "switch user", "log off", "lock", "restart", "sleep" and "shut down"... What happened to my hibernate option? , i used it frequently and i would like to get it back...Anyone know what i can do?

Hi Elissa................
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum.......
happywave.gif
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Here's a solution to your problem..

1 Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories".

Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator".

If you are prompted to enter password, enter the password and continue.

You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Startmenu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".

2. Once Command promt is open, type in either of the following commands the hit enter.

powercfg /hibernate on
powercfg -h on

Once you have chosen and entered either command, close command prompt and your hibernate should be back...Hope this does the trick

Ask a Question