Thanks

De : Roeland - afficher le profil
Date : Jeu 30 mar 2006 14:43
E-mail : "Roeland" <[email protected]>
Groupes : microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Note : (1 utilisateur)
afficher les options

Répondre | Répondre à l'auteur | Transférer | Imprimer | Message
individuel | Afficher l'original | Signaler un cas d'utilisation
abusive | Rechercher les messages de cet auteur

Dear MVP's

Let me tell you what I've done and discovered till now (FYI, I'm a
professional IT-er with 15 year experience, but I'm really baffled by
this one)

Explorer process gets killed a few miliseconds after it has been
initiated, without a message.
As a result explorer as shell doesn't show up, hence only your
wallpaper to show up after a normal logon (No taskbar, no startmenu, no

desktop icons, no systray, nothing but a wallpaper)
Not one program in the startup folder, nor HKlocalmachine/run nor
HKCurrentUser/run entries gets called.Services run fine.
Eventlog (application/system/security) has no disturbing items in it
The shell entry in the registry is OK
Booting in safe mode gives no changes
Creating a new account gives no changes
Taskmanager works (thanks heaven for that)
Nearly all programs can be started without a problem using the
taskmanager, with the very specific exception of IExplore (internet
explorer)
However an alternative browser Netcaptor (based on IExplore) works
fine. Through this browser I can browse the computer (and the internet,

network connection is OK)
Control Panel Items can't be opened (*.cpl). I guess they depend on
explorer, however, microsoft management console works (for example for
computer or disk management).
Checked all processes running (including services), all were to be
trusted (mostly OS-related). At a certain moment I've killed all non
OS-vital processes, still no change.
All nessecary Dll's are present and registered.
Multiple antivirus and antispyware runs (all trusted ones, don't worry,

eg Windows Defender, Adaware, Giant antiSpyware (purchased), Norton AV,

Trend Micro online scan ) give no result.
Autoexec.bat, config.sys, win.ini and other 'startup'-files are
completely checked and verified
One thing I still have to do (but can't right now because of a broken
Windows XP CD) is a System File Check (SFC /scannow).
My best guess (since all other options I can think of are not valid) is

that some file (like a dll) that's being used by explorer.exe is
corrupted. (hence I wanna run SFC)

If anyone has the same experiences (read 'troubles') and found the
solution, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'm sure some superior being will reward
you for this !
PS. Clean Reinstalling my system is not really a solution, in my humble

opinion. Asking for Hijackthis-roll-outs neither.

Kind regards,

Roeland

Please help, I have exactly the same problem than the one described
below by Roeland.

Is there a MVP able to help to fix this ?

Thanks

De : Roeland - afficher le profil
Date : Jeu 30 mar 2006 14:43
E-mail : "Roeland" <[email protected]>
Groupes : microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
[...]

Hi Roeland,
I'm not MVP,If your CD is Broken try to bring another one from a friend have
the same OS specs and RUN the Command : sfc /scannow.
Also when this happened?, try system restore to a date everything was working.
Change the Theme on your Desktop and configure the setting for the display.
Try this link for fixes:
Hope this helps. let us know.
Regards
nass