P

PeterP

My Logitec webcam cannot be seen by Windows Messenger
even though the Logitec software displays the webcam
correctly. WM was detecting the webcam a few days ago,
but for some reason no longer does so. I have
uninstalled/reinstalled the Logitec software and webcam
drivers, but the problem persists. Has anyone else
experienced this problem and if so how was it fixed.

J

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings Peter,

How is it not "detecting" the Logitech webcam? Are you just trying to initiate a video
conversation or is it just not detecting in the Audio (and Video) Tuning Wizard. If the
former, open up the main Messenger window, choose the Tools menu, then Audio Tuning Wizard.
If you mean in the wizard, you might simply try using System Restore to go back to when it
was working -- to do so, click Start, then Help & Support, then "Undo changes to my computer
using System Restore" and go through the wizard.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com

G

I have the same problem. The camera is detected in the Video Tuning Wizard, but not by Windows Messenger.

L

LindsayM

Geof said:
I have the same problem. The camera is detected in the Video Tuning Wizard, but not by Windows Messenger.

Me too. It worked until I was forced by Messenger to upgrade to MSN
6.1, and now it doesn't, even after reinstalling drivers.

G

My problem is similar. The Windows XP Audio &Video Wizard says this,' Camera error. The camera you selected is not working properly or in use by another program. Click back & try again or select a different camera.' On a video/audio conversation I can only hear the other guy. He cannot see or hear me. I have a logitech QuickCam Express with the latest updated driver. What can I do please?

Ask a Question