Windows Media Center

david.alger

Hi all,

Having all sorts of trouble with WMC and having a hard time tracking
down any info online. I couldn't find a newsgroup so I thought I'd
post here.

When I started using WMC I had some rather basic guide functionality
available (it found EPG data for 3-4 channels. It has now stopped
being able to connect with the following message

"The Guide could not be downloaded for the following reason: Guide
Server error (Code: 34))."

Then I get a windows dialog saying windows media center updater has
stoped working and was closed.

This has gone on for a few weeks now and there seems no information
available on this anywhere. Anyone got any advice?

R. C. White

Hi, David.

I can barely tweak my own Media Center, so I can't help you there. But
finding a Media Center newsgroup is easy. ;^} Well, it's easy in Outlook
Express or Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail, but I don't know how you do it
in Google Groups and/or Mozilla.

In OE/WM/WLM, click Newsgroups (or press Ctrl+W, or click Tools |
Newsgroups...), then type into the search box at the top: mediac

You should see about 15 newsgroups, including 5 in English. You might start
with: microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX