Windows Live One Care, and I feel like I have no control and I dont!

Mr. Freeze

I bought a brand new computer the day that Vista was available for sale
to the public. Anyway, my computer came with some someware on it that wasn't
compatible with the Vista itself, I am currentally using an Emachine W3609
and BTW I really like it.

I also bought at the time Windows Live One Care just to be safe for the
virus protection part of the computer, and must say that my experience with
their tech. support has been great!

But the thing I don't like about Live One Care is the fact that you can't
set it to do a "TUNE UP" daily, I have been thinking of looking into perhaps
an automated macro key program to do all this stuff daily and was wondering
if anyone might know of one that might do that. The reason I say this is
because it would be great for other programs also. I don't think it's good
to have your maitanence done 1 day a week as oppossed to every night when
you aren't using your computer, it just doesn't make any sense to let the
clutter build up and then fix it 1 day a week when you can fix it nightly
when you aren't using your computer.

I've tried other programs that say they are compat but aren't when you
start using them, one program SYSTEM MECHANIC 7 PRO. says on the box it's
compat but the thing is after you update it and all the stuff you are
supposed to do with Windows Vista, just simpley load up the program and
select "DEEP ANALYSIS" you will get an error 52 every time. I contacted
their tech support and sent several messages and got one response saying
they were looking into it. That's unacceptable, the reason I say this is if
it was the only software that person has they would be left vulnerable to
all kinda stuff, a software company shouldn't advertise that they are compat
with VIST unless they are 100% compat.

Anyway, untill LIVE ONE CARE, has more options and more abilities I'm stuck
with the idea of automatic macro funtions as a possibillity. Any ideas how
to make this program change to a daily tune up anyone???

Also, I've tried the other Mcaffee and Norton but they just don't do what I
want. My computer w/Vista came with Mcaffee and I updated it right away and
turns out it wasn't VISTA Compatible and caused all kinda problems with my
system so I had to delete it.

The MAIN thing is I just want to do some changes with windows live one care
and have it do the tune up every night instead of everyday and it seems the
only way as of now that it's gonna be possible is with automatic macro or
mouse auto programs which I know are out there and wanted to ask anyone if
they would reccommend any of them?

One last thing, I must commend "REGISTRY MECHANIC" by PCTOOLS because they
really addressed problems with compatabillity and VISTA immedietally, I was
really impressed with their software or that program.

SteveC

WLOC takes a long time to do that tune-up and I find once a week is fine. It checks continually for viruses and spyware. You can run the backup whenever you want to run it and you can also start a tune up before you leave your PC for the day. I don't really see any advantage to running tune-up more than twice a week anyhow.

As for the 52 errors you get with System Mechanic Pro, most of these things are just leftovers from running programs and aren't really errors. I wouldn't put much faith in it.

[...]

Thankyou for your time and information. As for the System Mechanic Pro 7,
you missunderstood what I was saying about the program, I should have
explained it better. SMP7 gives me a message saying "error 52" as in the
program has an error, not 52 errors detected. Thanks again.