Windows installer

G

When trying to install a new program; Windows installer stops and there is a message appearing on the screen that indicates that Windows Installer service is not accessible. This could be caused by Windows startup set on no failure or Windows Installer not correctly install

My computer is starting in normal mode so I think that the problem is with the installation

Question; How can I solve the problem
Can I reinstall Windows Installer without reinstalling Windows XP

Sorry for the quality of the written text, I am from French Canada and working with a french version of XP

However , I am sure that help will nevertheless very helpful

Thanks everyone.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 94 (Windows Installer Fix).

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| When trying to install a new program; Windows installer stops and there is a message appearing on the screen
that indicates that Windows Installer service is not accessible. This could be caused by Windows startup set
on no failure or Windows Installer not correctly install.
|
| My computer is starting in normal mode so I think that the problem is with the installation.
|
| Question; How can I solve the problem?
| Can I reinstall Windows Installer without reinstalling Windows XP?
|
| Sorry for the quality of the written text, I am from French Canada and working with a french version of XP.
|
| However , I am sure that help will nevertheless very helpful.
|
| Thanks everyone.

Ask a Question