Windows Installer Starts Everytime Excel 2007 runs!

I have Office 2007, everytime I run Excel 2007 the Windows
Installer/Configuration box pops up and essentially installs
Excel(EVERYTIME), as you can see this is very annoying, it takes up to 2 mins
or longer many times, I have gone to many sites and forums, I have changed
registry values, re-installed it, everythjing I have been told to do,but yet
no luck, I have found other similar type of problems with pssible solutions
and still no help. If anyone knows how to fix this issue do not hesitate to
help. I would greatly appreciate it.

Jim Cone

Have you seen this one?...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923718/en-us
"How to troubleshoot a failed installation of the Beta 2 Technical Refresh
update for 2007 Microsoft Office suites"

I have no idea whether it will help or not.
Office 2003 is also an alternative.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA