Windows? God, I swear never again...!

Stephen Riley

So, after much blood, sweat and tears, I discover that the only way to
properly uninstall the pernicious Messenger 4 for XP is to use the command
line "RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection
%windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Microsoft going for the most unfriendly operating system ever award or
something?

Now: would somebody please tell me which laughably obscure combination of
heiroglyphs will uninstall the bloody PINBALL programme???????!!!!!!! Cheez!
All I want to do is delete the standard games that come with Windows. First
it screams a dialogue box saying "You sure?? You really sure??? Are you????
Really, really?????" Then it
tells me it CAN'T delete pinball (I repeat: PINBALL...) because Windows (can
you believe?) is
*using* it!!!

I mean - *please*... Is this the truth? Is Windows XP really founded upon a
pinball game? It would explain a lot, let's face it. For instance why using
XP effectively halves your usable memory.

No, sorry... this operating system stinks. How do I downgrade?

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Open Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs, click Add/Remove Windows
Components, select Accessories and Utilities, click Details, select games.
If you wish to remove all the games, remove the check next to games and
click ok, if you wish to individually select the games you wish to remove,
click Details, remove the check next to the game you wish to remove and
click ok.

Messenger is an integrated part of the operating system which is why you had
to jump through hoops to remove it. Games are not.

Widow Twankey

I got rid of Windows messenger because I couldn't use MSN Messenger properly
while it was installed. It was a real pain. I hated the way it added anybody
I merely chatted to into my address book.

--
Yours

Widow Twankey

Now 10% Twankier than ever

Stephen Riley

Well yes, this was one of the first things I tried... But lo and behold
pinball is not listed as part of the games, and so it wasn't deleted!

But can you help me? Why - Why - is Windows using pinball please?

Stickems

You have a virus.

Stephen Riley said:
Well yes, this was one of the first things I tried... But lo and behold
pinball is not listed as part of the games, and so it wasn't deleted!

But can you help me? Why - Why - is Windows using pinball please?

Stephen Riley

How is that possible???

I have a brand new computer. I haven't downloaded anything onto it. I also
have Norton anti-virus and a firewall...

Post back here when you have the answer.