Windows backup Capabilities

PT

Does the program permit automated "revision" backups, i.e. only files in the
original set of folders which have changed or been added?

If not, can you recommend any inexpensive such backup software?

Shenan Stanley

PT said:
Does the program permit automated "revision" backups, i.e. only
files in the original set of folders which have changed or been
added?
If not, can you recommend any inexpensive such backup software?

Multiposted... Please cross-post in the future.

Differentials and Incrementals is the term you should consult the internal
help system for (and/or Google.)

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

How To Use Backup to Back Up Files and Folders on Your Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308422

Shenan Stanley

PT said:
Thank you. How does one crosspost?

Since I see you are using Microsoft Outlook Express 6 to get to these
newsgroups, it's fairly simple.

Instead of posting your message in one group, going to another and posting
again, going to another and posting again and so on - *if* you feel your
post is relevant to more than one newsgroup - you simply add the other
newsgroups in the 'Newsgroups' line separated by commas.

Example:
If you reply to group for this message and look at the top where the
'Newsgroup' line is - you will see:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.test.here

*I cross-posted to "microsoft.public.test.here" <- meaning I posted the same
message across many newsgroups at once and any unmodified newsreader will
reply to all of the groups at once.

However - if you wanted to, you could cross-post this message to yet another
newsgroup(s) by adding a comma and the name of the newsgroup(s).

Shenan Stanley

PT said:
Thank you. How does one crosspost?

To continue with my idea (I forgot to actually put in the other newsgroup in
my last reply) - Reply to this one, not the other and you will see what I
stated you should have seen with it. ;-)

PT

Got it. Although I got the sense from your first message that I had
committed a faux pas. Don't both methods end up with the same result?

Shenan Stanley

PT said:
Got it. Although I got the sense from your first message that I had
committed a faux pas. Don't both methods end up with the same
result?

No....
If you had cross-posted as opposed to multi-posting as you did - it would
have benefitted you as well as those who might reply to you.

You could have visited any ONE of the many groups you posted to and seen the
replies from all the newsgroups - because anyone with a properly configured
newsreader replying to your message would automatically reply to all groups
and then...

1) They would not run into your question - unanswered and unread - in other
newsgroups they may frequent.
2) They may see a response from other newsgroups they do not frequent from
someone with a totally different idea on the problem.
3) Your question/answers are centralized.