Windows API vs. DotNet 3.0 (WinFX)

Markus Klein

Hello,

Does .Net 3.0 offering the same possibilities like Windows API?

is .NET 3.0 going to replace the win32-api in Vista/Longhorn?

No Access anymore to win32-api in Vista/Longhorn?

Greets Markus

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Not completely. It was a glorious goal, but some of the WinAPI still exists
under Vista.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Markus,

WinAPI is too big to be completly replaced by .NET
..NET only covers some (most used/popular) parts of API, and for some cases
you need to use Platfrom Invoke to call you WinAPI functions to get the required
functionality

MK> Hello,
MK>
MK> Does .Net 3.0 offering the same possibilities like Windows API?
MK>
MK> is .NET 3.0 going to replace the win32-api in Vista/Longhorn?
MK>
MK> No Access anymore to win32-api in Vista/Longhorn?
MK>
MK> Greets Markus

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not
cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Markus,

It will be extended