Windows and Buttons

G

I have the same problem as described by Steve on 12/18/2003 - no Windows XP choice in Display Properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons - so I am stuck in Windows Classic Style. I did as recommended by Kelly (Download and run the edit on Line 214) but nothing seems to have changed. I still have no other choice for Windows and Buttons other than Windows Classic Style. Any more suggestions, please.

J

_ _ J

Is the "Themes" service running?

--
Regards,
Jan
----------

| I have the same problem as described by Steve on 12/18/2003

- no Windows XP choice in Display Properties/Appearance/Windows and Buttons

- so I am stuck in Windows Classic Style.

I did as recommended by Kelly
(Download and run the edit on Line 214) but nothing seems to have changed.

I still have no other choice for Windows and Buttons other than Windows Classic Style.

Any more suggestions, please.

G

Hi Jan,

Theme is "Windows XP Modified" but other themes make no difference. There is only one choice under Appearance/Windows and Buttons and that is "Windows Classic Style". It is not greyed out.

Might I have lost some of the XP software? I am running XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 1.

Roger.

----- _ _ J wrote: -----

--
Regards,
Jan
----------

| I have the same problem as described by Steve on 12/18/2003

I still have no other choice for Windows and Buttons other than Windows Classic Style.

J

_ _ J

[Start]
| Run |
services.msc
[Enter]

Navigate to "Themes"
Startup Type [ Automatic ]
[Apply]
[Start]
[OK]

Now, in Control Panel
| Display |
/Appearance\
"Windows and Buttons"
you should have a choice of "Windows Classic Style" and "Windows XP Style"

--
Regards,
Jan
----------

| Hi Jan,
|
| Theme is "Windows XP Modified" but other themes make no difference. There is only one choice under Appearance/Windows and Buttons
and that is "Windows Classic Style". It is not greyed out.
|
| Might I have lost some of the XP software? I am running XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 1.
|
| Roger.

_ _ J wrote: -----

--
Jan
----------

I have the same problem as described by Steve on 12/18/2003

G

Done all that, Jan. No improvement, I'm afraid. "Themes" is running but still no choice under Appearnace / Windows and Buttons apart from Windows Classic style.

G

Thanks Jan, I think I've solved the problem by restoring Themes Functionality (Line 187 of Kellys-Korner Tweaks and Tips) then replacing the Themes file in C:\Windows\Resouces with the downloaded file. It's all working well for now so thanks again for your help.

J

+-J

And, of course, all credit to MVP Kelly Theriot, for providing all that troubleshooting information and support files!

--
Jan
----------

| Thanks Jan, I think I've solved the problem by restoring Themes Functionality (Line 187 of Kellys-Korner Tweaks and Tips) then
replacing the Themes file in C:\Windows\Resouces with the downloaded file. It's all working well for now so thanks again for your
help.

Ask a Question