Windows Activation

Finally, after recovering Windows Vista from a reinstallation of W2k3 in
other partition, I log in but it appears a message that I have to activate
Windows. I have chosen the Re-type serial number and the automated phone
system but I get the message "Authentication Failed" with the following error
0x800705B4 and does not allow me to continue working.
Does anybody know what this means and how to solve it? I downloaded this
version from the official Microsoft Center

Len Segal

Solution should be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921583/en-us

Do a search of that webpage for 0x800705B4 and you'll find where the
critical updates are located for your problem.

Len Segal, MCP
Microsoft - MVP
--------------
My reply address is intentionally wrong to reduce SPAM Email.
NOTE: We do not respond to unsolicited Email support questions,
please post questions in newsgroup.

"¿cómo actualizar una pág Web dePublisher"

Len:

I am having the same activation problem as the others in this thread, and
visited the support site you reference below (using a computer other than my
Vista computer). However, when I click Cancel on the Activate Windows Now
dialog box, a "Logging Off" message appears and that's it. If I try to turn
off the power to the computer and then restart it, Vista resumes with the
Logging Off message and does not give me the chance to boot into Windows XP
(this is on a dual-boot computer).

Also, should I boot into Windows XP and then download and install the 921583
update? If I can't get past the Activate Windows Now dialog box to start
Vista, how can I install the update?

Thanks.

Len:

Thanks for the link to the 921583 update. I am having the same problem with
activation, with an added complication. When I click Cancel on the Activate
Windows Now dialog box, a "Logging Off" message appears and that's it--the
computer doesn't shut down or anything. If I turn the power off and then
restart the computer, Vista resumes with the Logging Off message.

The computer I am using is set up with a dual boot to XP and Vista. If I do
manage to shut down the computer and restart it normally, should I boot into
Windows XP, and then download and install the 921583 fix from there? If not,
how do I download and install it if I can't get past the Activate Windows Now
dialog box?

Thanks.

Len:

Thanks for the link to the 921583 update. I am having the same problem with
activation, with an added complication. When I click Cancel on the Activate
Windows Now dialog box, a "Logging Off" message appears and that's it--the
computer doesn't shut down or anything. If I turn the power off and then
restart the computer, Vista resumes with the Logging Off message.

The computer I am using is set up with a dual boot to XP and Vista. If I do
manage to shut down the computer and restart it normally, should I boot into
Windows XP, and then download and install the 921583 fix from there? If not,
how do I download and install it if I can't get past the Activate Windows Now
dialog box?

Thanks.

That is my situation too. I click the update but cannot activate from Vista
because it logs me off and if I try to do it from XP it asks me to choose a
program to open it with. Neither ways helps. Any other solution?

By the way my name is Francisco Luque. I do not know where the como
actualizar una pág Web dePublisher comes from?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello ,
Try this:
Boot to Safe Mode. ( just Safe Mode not Safe Mode with networking)
Log on as Administrator. ( This has to be the local administrator account)
Enable the administrator account(it's disabled by default but you can still
log on in Safe Mode), you may have to set a password first.
Then log back on normally with that administrator account.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From:
=?Utf-8?B?wr9jw7NtbyBhY3R1YWxpemFyIHVuYSBww6FnIFdlYiBkZVB1Ymxpc2hlcg==?=
<[email protected]>
<Subject: Windows Activation
<Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 02:17:08 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup