Windows 7 will not allow FrontPage extenstions?

Rob Giordano [MS MVP]

I kinda doubt that a 10 year old version of Dreamweaver will work on W7
either ... so his complaint is not awfully valid.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

Tom Willett said:
Since MS FrontPage is out of support and no longer being made, you can't
expect it to always work everywhere. On the other hand, Dreamweaver is not
out of support. But, make sure it actually works with Windows 7.

<Richie AutoTweet> wrote in message : They (Microsoft) chaff my undershorts.
:
: Windows 7 will not work with Frontpage - I hope dreamweaver does,
because
that's what I am switching to.
:
: Never will I buy a Microsoft product again when some one else has
something similar.
:
: I am sick sick sick of this BS.
:
:
:
: Tom Willett wrote:
:
: They would certainly be SOL unless/until RTR makes extensions for Win7.
: 30-Oct-09
:
: They would certainly be SOL unless/until RTR makes extensions for Win7.
: When/If there will be any further extensions development for other O/S?
Who
: knows.
: --
: Tom [Pepper] Willett
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: ---------------------------
: a
: or
:
http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows 7 and the FrontPage Server Extensions
: the
:
:
: On Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:01 PM
: Larry wrote:
:
: Windows 7 will not allow FrontPage extenstions?
: I ran the Windows 7 upgrade test on my system. For Frontpage it gave the
: following:
:
: Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions 2002
: version 10.0.2701.0
: Microsoft Corporation
: Uninstall first
: You need to uninstall this program before upgrading to Windows 7. You
will
not
: be able to install it after upgrading to Windows 7.
:
: I am running FrontPage 2000. Can I presume this means that Win7 will not
: allow Frontpage extensions at all?
:
: On Wednesday, October 28, 2009 8:49 AM
: Tom Willett wrote:
:
: It will not allow that version of FP extensions.
: It will not allow that version of FP extensions. MS has farmed out the
: extensions to:
:
: http://www.rtr.com/fpse/
: --
: Tom [Pepper] Willett
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: ---------------------------
: will not
:
: On Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:18 AM
: Stefan B Rusynko wrote:
:
: But RTM does not support Windows 7 either (only IIS7 on Windows Vista or
: But RTM does not support Windows 7 either (only IIS7 on Windows Vista or
Windows Server 2008)
: See
http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows 7 and the FrontPage Server Extensions
:
: --
:
: _____________________________________________
: SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ]
: "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-;
: _____________________________________________
:
:
: It will not allow that version of FP extensions. MS has farmed out the
: extensions to:
:
: http://www.rtr.com/fpse/
: --
: Tom [Pepper] Willett
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: ---------------------------
: will not
:
: On Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:00 AM
: Tom Willett wrote:
:
: That is correct.
: That is correct.
:
: --
: Tom [Pepper] Willett
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: ---------------------------
: Windows Server 2008)
:
http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows 7 and the FrontPage Server Extensions
:
: On Thursday, October 29, 2009 8:04 PM
: Larry wrote:
:
: So I presume ALL Frontpage users are SOL for an upgrade to Windows 7,
for
: So I presume ALL Frontpage users are SOL for an upgrade to Windows 7,
for
: theoretically better version than Vista?
: Would there be a version of the extensions that is allowed?
:
: On Friday, October 30, 2009 8:46 AM
: Tom Willett wrote:
:
: They would certainly be SOL unless/until RTR makes extensions for Win7.
: They would certainly be SOL unless/until RTR makes extensions for Win7.
: When/If there will be any further extensions development for other O/S?
Who
: knows.
: --
: Tom [Pepper] Willett
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: ---------------------------
: a
: or
:
http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows 7 and the FrontPage Server Extensions
: the
:
: On Friday, October 30, 2009 8:03 PM
: Larry wrote:
:
: Thanks Tom - I have sent them an email to find out if this will be a
: Thanks Tom - I have sent them an email to find out if this will be a
future
: offering. Will let you know their response.
:
: Larry
:
: On Saturday, October 31, 2009 5:03 AM
: Ronx wrote:
:
: Any reason why you cannot use a disc-based web?
: Any reason why you cannot use a disc-based web? A disc based web
located
in
: the wwwroot folder would work if you tested pages using
: tp://localhost/ - except for those pages that require extensions
(forms).
: For those who do not need a server for testing FrontPage works perfectly
on
: Windows 7, so not EVERY FrontPage user is SOL.
:
: --
: Ron Symonds
: Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
:
: Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
:
: On Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:09 PM
: Larry wrote:
:
: I already use localhost for FrontPage testing.
: I already use localhost for FrontPage testing. I use the extensions for
: online forms. I have tried using Perl on a Dreamweaver web that uses
forms
and
: was able to get it to work but it is difficult to work with. Does not
: provide the type of completion page you can easily design with
FrontPage,
or
: if it can I have not figured out how yet :)- ]
: If there is a better form handler than Perl could you please let me
know?
:
: I will "hang in there" with XP for a while I guess.
:
: Larry
:
: On Sunday, November 01, 2009 4:28 AM
: Ronx wrote:
:
: Almost anything is better than Perl - I have used it.
: Almost anything is better than Perl - I have used it.
:
: What you use depends on where (which server - Unix or Windows) your site
is
: eventually hosted on, and what your host supports.
: On Windows servers you can use "classic" asp, asp.NET or PHP. On Unix
: usually only PHP, but some support asp and a tiny number support
asp.NET.
: You can download a Windows version of PHP and use that for testing. In
: addition, Expression Web has some support for PHP which is lacking in
: FrontPage.
: --
: Ron Symonds
: Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
:
: Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
:
: On Sunday, November 01, 2009 1:23 PM
: Larry wrote:
:
: Thanks Ronx. I will do some experimenting with PHP.Larry
: Thanks Ronx. I will do some experimenting with PHP.
: Larry
:
: On Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:03 PM
: Karl E. Peterson wrote:
:
: Tom Willett was thinking very hard :Well, crud. That just sucks.
:-(--[.
: Tom Willett was thinking very hard :
:
: Well, crud. That just sucks. :-(
:
: --
: [.NET: it is About Trust!]
:
: On Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:16 PM
: Tom Willett wrote:
:
: That's okay, Karl.
: That's okay, Karl. Just do not use Windows 7, yet ;-)
: If it ain't broke, do not fix it.
: --
: Tom [Pepper] Willett
: Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: ---------------------------
:
http://www.rtr.com/fpse/faq1.htm#Windows 7 and the FrontPage Server Extensions
:
: On Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:51 PM
: Karl E. Peterson wrote:
:
: Tom Willett used his keyboard to write :My XP system was going on 3-yrs
old,
: Tom Willett used his keyboard to write :
:
: My XP system was going on 3-yrs old, and the wear and tear was horridly
: obvious. It needed to be rebuilt. So, after testing all sorts of
: stuff, I decide, WTH? Shoulda known. <sigh>
:
: So, I got IIS7 running. Trying to open http://localhost in FP2003 is
: just not working. Nothing I can do to get that happening?
:
: I am thinking, I can always use a VM, but what a friggin' hassle!
:
: --
: [.NET: it is About Trust!]
:
: On Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:32 AM
: Ronx wrote:
:
: Windows 7 XP Mode may help - it is a virtual machine running Windows XP
: Windows 7 XP Mode may help - it is a virtual machine running Windows XP
Pro
: with USB support, and programs open as if they are in Windows 7 - but
the
: first program does take a long time to open.
: --
: Ron Symonds
: Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
:
: Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
:
: On Wednesday, November 25, 2009 12:43 PM
: Karl E. Peterson wrote:
:
: It happens that Ronx formulated :Yes, I am very familiar with VPC and
becoming
: It happens that Ronx formulated :
:
: Yes, I am very familiar with VPC and becoming familiar with its W7
: version. I am curious what you mean by "may help" - in what regard,
: specifically?
:
: Thanks...
:
: --
: [.NET: it is About Trust!]
:
: On Tuesday, December 15, 2009 6:20 PM
: R H wrote:
:
: MVPC2007 on Win7
: I had the same issues when I bought a Vista PC with not being able to
use
FPExtensions. However, I installed Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and WinXP
and
it works great. I also use DeskSpace and assigned MVPC2007 to Desktop 4
so
that it is in its own space. It's not a hassle as much as another step to
do what I want to do. I now have a Win7 laptop that (unfortunately) came
with Home Premium so I cannot use VM. However, I have read that MVPC2007
can be installed and used with Win7 as in Vista. Haven't tried it yet, but
worth a try for anyone in our situation.
:
:
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
: DataContractSerializer Basics
:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...c-94d2f3b1b265/datacontractserializer-ba.aspx

Jeff Zeitlin

They (Microsoft) chaff my undershorts.

Windows 7 will not work with Frontpage - I hope dreamweaver does, because that's what I am switching to.

Never will I buy a Microsoft product again when some one else has something similar.

I am sick sick sick of this BS.

It took a little doing, but I was able to get FP2003 working on Windows
7 Ultimate without using VPC/XP Mode (which this computer doesn't
support). The key was to NOT use Setup to set it up, but rather to run
the separate MSIs (OWC10, OWC11, and FP11N, IIRC) separately (and in
that order). I also had to do some serious manual installing of a
design-time third-party component (the KissFP MenuPlus nav and contents
generator) and my template for the website I use FP mostly for, and once
I did that, I had to run FP ONCE as administrator to get the
registration info for the component to "stick". As of now, it appears
to be OK.

Yeah, I'd classify the contortions necessary to get it working as "a
pain", but if FP is/was that important to you, the "obnoxity" of the
contortions needed isn't high enough (IMO) to throw over either FP or
W7.