Windows 7 Automatic Service Pack 1 Plus Updates Fail takes one hour to revert changes.


S

Skybuck Flying

Hello,

Since two days Microsoft's Windows Update has been pushing Service Pack 1
for Windows 7 (Ultimate) down peoples throats.

I have never seen an automatic service pack update work. Why ?

Are those services not running ? Are previous patches colliding ?

I suspect .NET 3.5 update is failing because .NET 4.0 is already installed.

The update time takes 30 mins and another 30 mins to revert changes !

A blue update screen will be shown on startup multiple times during multiple
boots, followed by the same blue screen stating that updates failed and is
going to revert changes.

Already 2 hours have been wasted with this bullshit crap of microsoft.

I did not make a video or picture of the blue update screens... I am sure
you have seen it before.

However I did take many screenshots of the mess that Microsoft has created
over the last few year with Windows 7 and which it is now trying to fix
unsuccessfully.

Good luck in figuring out what the problem is.

Hopefully I will be able to disable these fokking updates so it doesn't cost
1 hour to boot !

Also hopefully this will not prevent further updates from people installed
otherwise SERVICE PACK 1 automatic update IS EVEN MORE DANGEROUS THEN
REFUSING IT.

Because now other patches are not installed as can be seen on the following
screenshots:

Short link (travel to longer folder)

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/

Long link:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...l Take One Hour To Revert Changes Every Time/

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

Jamie

Skybuck said:
Hello,

Since two days Microsoft's Windows Update has been pushing Service Pack
1 for Windows 7 (Ultimate) down peoples throats.

I have never seen an automatic service pack update work. Why ?

Are those services not running ? Are previous patches colliding ?

I suspect .NET 3.5 update is failing because .NET 4.0 is already installed.

The update time takes 30 mins and another 30 mins to revert changes !

A blue update screen will be shown on startup multiple times during
multiple boots, followed by the same blue screen stating that updates
failed and is going to revert changes.

Already 2 hours have been wasted with this bullshit crap of microsoft.

I did not make a video or picture of the blue update screens... I am
sure you have seen it before.

However I did take many screenshots of the mess that Microsoft has
created over the last few year with Windows 7 and which it is now trying
to fix unsuccessfully.

Good luck in figuring out what the problem is.

Hopefully I will be able to disable these fokking updates so it doesn't
cost 1 hour to boot !

Also hopefully this will not prevent further updates from people
installed otherwise SERVICE PACK 1 automatic update IS EVEN MORE
DANGEROUS THEN REFUSING IT.

Because now other patches are not installed as can be seen on the
following screenshots:

Short link (travel to longer folder)

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/

Long link:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...l Take One Hour To Revert Changes Every Time/


Bye,
Skybuck.
Maybe if you stopped pirating the OS with each version, you may not have
such issues..

P.S.
stop hanging around the porn sites!

Jamie
 
R

Robert Baer

Skybuck said:
Hello,

Since two days Microsoft's Windows Update has been pushing Service Pack
1 for Windows 7 (Ultimate) down peoples throats.

I have never seen an automatic service pack update work. Why ?

Are those services not running ? Are previous patches colliding ?

I suspect .NET 3.5 update is failing because .NET 4.0 is already installed.

The update time takes 30 mins and another 30 mins to revert changes !

A blue update screen will be shown on startup multiple times during
multiple boots, followed by the same blue screen stating that updates
failed and is going to revert changes.

Already 2 hours have been wasted with this bullshit crap of microsoft.

I did not make a video or picture of the blue update screens... I am
sure you have seen it before.

However I did take many screenshots of the mess that Microsoft has
created over the last few year with Windows 7 and which it is now trying
to fix unsuccessfully.

Good luck in figuring out what the problem is.

Hopefully I will be able to disable these fokking updates so it doesn't
cost 1 hour to boot !

Also hopefully this will not prevent further updates from people
installed otherwise SERVICE PACK 1 automatic update IS EVEN MORE
DANGEROUS THEN REFUSING IT.

Because now other patches are not installed as can be seen on the
following screenshots:

Short link (travel to longer folder)

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/

Long link:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...l Take One Hour To Revert Changes Every Time/


Bye,
Skybuck.
I have said a number of times and in various places, DISABLE ALL
'automatic' UPDATES of any type and kind". Period.
Find out from the sheep about a so-called update - WTF it does etc.
Then make a FULL true backup to another HD (which you then remove).
Then you have the luxury to try a given update for a day or so,before
you barf or otherwise get sick of the extra crap - and then can swap
back to the original drive.
I have used removable HD kits for ages,so i can just plug in a HD as
needed; KingWin has the best selection and lifetime.
Buy a bunch for a school and 12-15 years later can add the SAME type
due to mechanical compatibility that NO OTHER vendor has achieved.
 
P

Paul

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Dude - too much crossposting!

You should have posted this to the proper groups, like a Windows 7 group.
Nobody in nl.politiek cares about your computer problems. Or comp.arch
for that matter.
Hello,

Since two days Microsoft's Windows Update has been pushing Service Pack
1 for Windows 7 (Ultimate) down peoples throats.

I have never seen an automatic service pack update work. Why ?

Are those services not running ? Are previous patches colliding ?

I suspect .NET 3.5 update is failing because .NET 4.0 is already installed.

The update time takes 30 mins and another 30 mins to revert changes !

A blue update screen will be shown on startup multiple times during
multiple boots, followed by the same blue screen stating that updates
failed and is going to revert changes.

Already 2 hours have been wasted with this bullshit crap of microsoft.

I did not make a video or picture of the blue update screens... I am
sure you have seen it before.

However I did take many screenshots of the mess that Microsoft has
created over the last few year with Windows 7 and which it is now trying
to fix unsuccessfully.

Good luck in figuring out what the problem is.

Hopefully I will be able to disable these fokking updates so it doesn't
cost 1 hour to boot !

Also hopefully this will not prevent further updates from people
installed otherwise SERVICE PACK 1 automatic update IS EVEN MORE
DANGEROUS THEN REFUSING IT.

Because now other patches are not installed as can be seen on the
following screenshots:

Short link (travel to longer folder)

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/

Long link:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...l Take One Hour To Revert Changes Every Time/


Bye,
Skybuck.

To do the Service Pack, there is likely to be a "Servicing Stack"
update that gets done first. The "Servicing Stack" update is
meant to prevent hacked copies of Windows from working. It
identifies the methods known to date, of bypassing activation.
Such an update is not typically un-installable. So that's the
first thing you'd have to know about, is whether there are any
"black hole" style updates that get installed first.

There is a "System Readiness Tool" you can run, to verify the Store
on your install is good. This is run, before you install SP1.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858

The Windows 7 SP1 files, are available separately. You don't have
to run the Windows Update over and over again, hoping the results
will be different. By having these files in hand, you can do the
install directly from disk. No Windows Update involved. One of
these two files, is the one you want. One is for 64 bit Windows,
the second one is for 32 bit (x86) windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe 903.2 MB
windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe 537.8 MB

A site like sevenforums.com , has a number of tutorials on the
care and feeding of a Windows 7 installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-...1-faqs-installation-issues-helpful-links.html

I sure hope you did a backup, before you started this update.
While it is highly unlikely the computer will be "bricked" by
SP1, I have read of at least one case, where the computer
could not boot properly afterwards. If the installation of SP1,
makes it to the reboot step, the installation logic concludes
it has "succeeded". If one of the preparation steps *after* the
reboot fails, then the computer stays stuck doing the preparation
over and over again. And is effectively rendered useless. And
this is why you make a backup first!

For most other kinds of installation failures, the installation
can "back out" the changes. That's what has happened in you case.

Paul
 
S

Skybuck Flying

The Microsoft Misery Continues.

Boot times have gone up from 10 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

4 New Photos taken with Canon Power Shot SX 50 and added to website:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/

Simply deselecting the updates does not work and windows will continue the
next boot with the misery.

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
S

Skybuck Flying

Disabling automatic updates is simply not an option in todays cyberwar
world.

You will eventually loose all of your data.

Your harddisk will loose it's data.

Your backups will not work.

You have been warned.

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Skybuck Flying

I would cross post this to a billion newsgroups if I would let me.

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
S

Skybuck Flying

Videos of the misery in action:

Windows 7 Automatic Service Pack 1 fails, part 1 of 2


Windows 7 Automatic Service Pack 1 fails, part 2 of 2


Youtube not supporting IE9 from 2011 in 2013.
(Misery never comes alone):


Bye,
Skybuck.
 
S

Skybuck Flying

Day 2 of the misery.

Today is my first attempt to fix the misery.

The error codes are not displayed.

To see the error codes requires clicking the update in update history and
clicking details.

After googling the error code I found this website with a microsoft tool on
it:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...Time/TryingToFixItAttempt1.0MicrosoftTool.png

The tool from attempt 1 removed the update history, thus no further error
codes can be consulted, this is not good.

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...tempt1.1RemovedUpdateHistoryAndErrorCodes.png

Are the updates really gone ? No there are still there:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...ngToFixItAttempt1.2UpdatesRemainInstalled.png

I have seen nonsense like this before on previous Microsoft Operating
Systems like Windows XP. I hope this does not trigger a re-download of all
patches because that would be useless and a big waste of time.

Tomorrow Microsoft Windows 7 will have a new chance to prove itself.

Bye,
Skybuck.













































First thing to do is to figure out how to get the error code since it's
hidden from view.

From memory recollection:

The error code can be seen by going to view update history.

Then clicking on an update and clicking view details.

However a new problem has developed.

My first attemp to fix was from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB976982

Surprisingly enough the tool simply removes all installed update information
from the windows updates ?!

Only adding to the mess... seems like a deliberate attempt to hide the mess,
or a possible reset of mess, take your pick.

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut.../TryingToFixItAttempt1EverythingGoneWeird.png

I can now forget about consulting more error codes unless I can extract them
from the zip file that was apperently made, missing error information is not
a good sign.

However the updates are still in installed according to yet another screen.

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...tlyUpdatesAreStillThereInYetAnotherScreen.png


Ofcourse I am not going to waste 10 hours per day trying to fix this mess, 2
hours per day will have to suffice.

Tomorrow I will reboot and see what happens while making breakfast and such.

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
S

Skybuck Flying

Now I see the rest of your posting on a web forum, so back to my mail
client. (also that annoying troll jamie still seems to be around, but won't
let the bitch effect me ;) I hope that bitch dies soon).

Anyway.

I am guessing service pack 1 did install properly, however further updates
still fail, so I like to still blame it on service pack 1 since the computer
was working correctly before the service pack update.

I am trying to experience it like any normal user would.

So far in that regards Microsoft already pretty much failed.

Except perhaps if the link in the error code leaded to some help.

Now I can't check anymore because all information has been conveniently
erased by the so called "help full" tool.

I like to see if any help from these tools will ultimately work. I will
probably take a shower soon and then the computer will have to be shot down
to prevent any oxidation damage.

So then another reboot session in the works ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
P

Paul

Skybuck said:
Day 2 of the misery.

Today is my first attempt to fix the misery.

The error codes are not displayed.

To see the error codes requires clicking the update in update history
and clicking details.

After googling the error code I found this website with a microsoft tool
on it:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...Time/TryingToFixItAttempt1.0MicrosoftTool.png


The tool from attempt 1 removed the update history, thus no further
error codes can be consulted, this is not good.

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...tempt1.1RemovedUpdateHistoryAndErrorCodes.png


Are the updates really gone ? No there are still there:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...ngToFixItAttempt1.2UpdatesRemainInstalled.png


I have seen nonsense like this before on previous Microsoft Operating
Systems like Windows XP. I hope this does not trigger a re-download of
all patches because that would be useless and a big waste of time.

Tomorrow Microsoft Windows 7 will have a new chance to prove itself.

Bye,
Skybuck.
*******************************
First thing to do is to figure out how to get the error code since it's
hidden from view.

From memory recollection:

The error code can be seen by going to view update history.

Then clicking on an update and clicking view details.

However a new problem has developed.

My first attemp to fix was from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB976982

Surprisingly enough the tool simply removes all installed update
information from the windows updates ?!

Only adding to the mess... seems like a deliberate attempt to hide the
mess, or a possible reset of mess, take your pick.

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut.../TryingToFixItAttempt1EverythingGoneWeird.png

I can now forget about consulting more error codes unless I can extract
them from the zip file that was apperently made, missing error
information is not a good sign.

However the updates are still in installed according to yet another screen.

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/Aut...tlyUpdatesAreStillThereInYetAnotherScreen.png

Ofcourse I am not going to waste 10 hours per day trying to fix this
mess, 2 hours per day will have to suffice.

Tomorrow I will reboot and see what happens while making breakfast and
such.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Do you have a System Restore point set ? Can you go
backwards in time that way ?

Or is your system too screwed up now ?

You should be using the System Image function.
That will protect you from complete disasters on C:.

"Create a System Image" - one of the nicer Windows 7 features.
Has rescued me twice now...

http://www.tweakhound.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/wsi1.gif

Paul
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Skybuck Flying

Well that was weird.

I was just having a nice relax game of Company of Heroes 1 v 1 on the
"v-something no bunkers" maps and was enjoying it a lot...

The enemy had a tank, my greyhound was retreating, but I had at gun up...
and all of suddenly

PZZZZZhhhh... the computer totally shuts down ?!?!

This cannot be a good sign.

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
S

Skybuck Flying

Well at least the tool from attempt 1 helped getting the boot time under
control.

It's now down from 1+ hour to 1 minute.

It also doesnt hang anymore during boot for 10 minutes but that could be a
fluck of luck.

What caused the total system shutdown remains a mystery.

Possible causes:

1. Attack via the internet with a udp shutdown message... will have to check
the bios if such a feature is enabled.

Still strange that windows didn't trigger a proper shutdown, not sure how
that network card shutdown feature is supposed to work.

2. Tunngle 4.4.1 network driver caused a shutdown somehow ?

3. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 somehow caused the shutdown. Some strange bug in
windows perhaps.

4. Other system malfunctions, maybe overheat of CPU somehow ? Perhaps caused
by SP1 too.

5. GT 520 driver caused shutdown.

6. Other electrical issues, maybe neighbours had something to do with it.

7. Perhaps a fluke of bad luck from outerspace ;)

8. Perhaps GSM/UMTS signal triggered the shutdown.

I did notice an increased signal on one of my headphones in the bedroom...
which is kinda odd... So I wouldn't rule out 8... though it's timing is
weird.

Though coincidence does happen a lot lately... kinda unusually... perhaps
the universe is in an "unusuallly coincidence" state ;) :)

Perhaps "externals" testing our shit LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
S

Skybuck Flying

Well thats kinda funny... there was a meteor on friday night my time (?)
which was a few hours before my PC shutdown which was today on saturday
around 7:15 or so... so probably unrelated... but it does show the universe
in a coincidence state ;) :)


Bhhhye,
Skybuck =D
 
D

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I would cross post this to a billion newsgroups if I would let me.

Bye,
Skybuck.


OMG! Is SkyTard ****ING himself AGAIN???

Is there any single computer in your mommy bought and paid for pile
that still works after you have laid your retarded dumbfuck hands on it?
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

Jamie

Skybuck said:
Well that was weird.

I was just having a nice relax game of Company of Heroes 1 v 1 on the
"v-something no bunkers" maps and was enjoying it a lot...

The enemy had a tank, my greyhound was retreating, but I had at gun
up... and all of suddenly

PZZZZZhhhh... the computer totally shuts down ?!?!

This cannot be a good sign.

Bye,
Skybuck.
Your illegal OS subscription ran out!

Jamie
 
J

Jamie

Skybuck said:
The Microsoft Misery Continues.

Boot times have gone up from 10 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes.

4 New Photos taken with Canon Power Shot SX 50 and added to website:

http://www.skybuck.org/Windows7/

Simply deselecting the updates does not work and windows will continue
the next boot with the misery.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Guess you need a new hard drive..

Jamie
 
S

Skybuck Flying

Day 5 of the mistery or so.

The mistery continues.

Boot time remains 10 minutes to login.

Update time remains 1 hour plus update/failure cycle.

Tool from Microsoft didn't help.

So attempt 1 to fix it failed as well.

Bye,
Skybuck.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Skybuck Flying

This time I will try something different.

Attempt 2:

Hiding the unnecessary/unwanted updates.

I hide all the .NET Framework 3.5.1 updates, these are probably not needed
anyway.

Seeing the ammount of security issues with JAVA also casts doubts on .NET
technology and might have the same kind of problems/security issues.

Me don't really want .NET anyway ;) :)

Hopefully hiding the updates will do the trick and prevent further fail
cycles.

I do wonder if the other updates will install though, if not those will be
hidden as well if it works ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.
 

Top