Windows 2000 Service Pack 4/Internet Explorer 6

rich

After installing Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000
Professional I seem not able to open certain links on
certain websites. As an example at Yahoo I am not able
after logging in clicking on a dropdown which worked
before but does not drop down now. Are there any know
issues with this new Service Pack 4 that someone can tell
me about.

Steven Liu [MSFT]

Hi Rich,

I don't understand the issue about the Yahoo page well. Would you please
describe it clearly? I will help you on the issue.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Online Support Professional

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided ¡°AS IS¡± with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
| From: "rich" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "rich" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4/Internet Explorer 6
| Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 07:39:26 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications
|
| After installing Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000
| Professional I seem not able to open certain links on
| certain websites. As an example at Yahoo I am not able
| after logging in clicking on a dropdown which worked
| before but does not drop down now. Are there any know
| issues with this new Service Pack 4 that someone can tell
| me about.

TesterRequired

I also have had major problems since applying service pack 4, and still
haven't found the answer - searched all knowledge base, tried reinstalling
ie6 + all hotfixes for it etc.

I applied ie hotfixes because I thought it might be the cause.

Symptoms are:
1) I cannot drag and drop files from one windows explorer window to another.
2) I cannot use Shft click in IE to open the link in another window.
3) If I try and click on a link that calls Javascript OpenWindow I get an
Access Denied message
4) If I try to print in IE I get an error : Line 227
dialogArguments.__IE_PrintType' is null or not an object
5) I use Yahoo messenger and if I try to view Message Archive I get an
access violation and Yahoo messenger dies
6) I cannot drag an icon from my desktop to my Quick Launch Bar either.

NOTE : Before Service Pack 4 - all of these points did not happen

TesterRequired

Well, I just removed Service Pack 4 and the symtoms still exist.

I also had updated the Jet DB Engine and the lastest version of MDAC. Maybe
this could cause these wierd problems.

Note : I have also cleared my temp internet files, and done several reboots.

Any ideas anyone?

"Steven Liu [MSFT]" said:
Hi Rich,

I don't understand the issue about the Yahoo page well. Would you please
describe it clearly? I will help you on the issue.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

Online Support Professional

(e-mail address removed)

This posting is provided ¡°AS IS¡± with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
| From: "rich" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "rich" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4/Internet Explorer 6
| Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 07:39:26 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications
|
| After installing Service Pack 4 for Windows 2000
| Professional I seem not able to open certain links on
| certain websites. As an example at Yahoo I am not able
| after logging in clicking on a dropdown which worked
| before but does not drop down now. Are there any know
| issues with this new Service Pack 4 that someone can tell
| me about.

Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
AutoCAD 2007

I have windows 2000 professional and ie 6 and autoCAD2007 will not load any ideas?