Win2K Event Log Disappears

G

On one of our Win2K servers, viewing the application log causes the other logs to disappear from view!! I can view the other logs only once per try, as long as I don't start by viewing the app log, in which case I can't view any log. Also, for each access to the event viewer, I can only see a type of log (app, system) once. After that it disappears.

Any ideas on a cure for this will be appreciated!

G

Did anyone ever provide a fix for this. I'm experiencing the same issue.----- Larry wrote: -----

On one of our Win2K servers, viewing the application log causes the other logs to disappear from view!! I can view the other logs only once per try, as long as I don't start by viewing the app log, in which case I can't view any log. Also, for each access to the event viewer, I can only see a type of log (app, system) once. After that it disappears.

C

Chris Popescu

The only fix that I found is to export the logs in a .EVT file. After that you clear the logs and you will be able to
read them for a while. Also you should be able to open .EVT saved log and view it fine now.

I think this is happening when the log file is large with a lot of records.

Chris P.

Did anyone ever provide a fix for this. I'm experiencing the same issue.----- Larry wrote: -----

On one of our Win2K servers, viewing the application log causes the other logs to disappear from view!! I can view
the other logs only once per try, as long as I don't start by viewing the app log, in which case I can't view any log.
Also, for each access to the event viewer, I can only see a type of log (app, system) once. After that it disappears.

G

Larry
I am experiencing the same exact problem with two windows 2000 servers. Have you heard of any explanation/resolution from Microsoft or the news group at this time? I have searched knowledge base with may variations of the problem description with no avail. If you have received a response please share, it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Ask a Question