win xp problem

G

hi if anyone can help that would be really great...i have this win xp machine it reboots whenever it feels like it...no certain time span in between i have used as many signed drivers as i could find...all drivers loaded sp1 etc....i turned off the reboot system on error so i could obtain the stop error message but the stuff is all greek to me..stop: 0x0000007e (0x0000005,0xf12a15,0xf897ca68,0xf897c768) i looked at what the link in the event log and i'm not sure but it claims to be something lik
CAUS
This problem occurs because the driver for the USB Universal Reader from Lexar Media, Inc is not compatible with Windows XP.
RESOLUTIO
To resolve this problem, obtain and install the latest driver from Lexar Media, Inc.
STATU
Lexar Media, Inc. has confirmed that this problem occurs when you use a version of their Sausb.sys driver with Windows XP that is earlier than version 4.6

no such card reader exists in this system so am i reading this incorrectly or what's the deal...i'm so sick of messing with this machine i just wanna torch it...anyway if anyone could help me that would be great....you can e-mail me if you need more info (e-mail address removed)....thanks in advance

G

Uninstall the driver that windows is complaining about and don't let windows re-install it. Then click on Start > All Programs > Windows Update. A web browser will then open and it may ask to install a program, click "Yes." Install everything you can. Restart your computer, then go back to windows update to ensure you have installed everything. If everything goes well, windows update would have installed a windows xp compatible driver for the device that was giving you trouble.

Good luck.

Ask a Question