Will adding 2GB of RAM for a total of 4GB improve performance?

Leythos

8859-15?Q?_db_=3F=AF`=B7.._=3E=3C=29=29=29=BA=3E`_.._.?= <databaseben at
hotmail dot com> says...
nothing has been provided
validating your faulty theory
that the o.p.'s computer is
referring to a home pc or
that of a receptionists.

perhaps, it is because
you are a receptionist.

And nothing was stated to suggest that the OP's message was about
either, it's called covering the bases - ignorant people like you post
half-backed ideas and distract the solution.

db ?¯`·.. >

unfortunately, you are
wrong again because
you did not cover all
the bases, just two that
you are familiar with

furthermore, if you read
my post, I was in fact
suggesting that you are
nothing more than a
receptionist

sitting behind a counter
trolling around at your
receptionist computer.

then you go home, likely to
an old stump in the woods
or underneath a bridge
where you continue the
charade and your regular
offensive behavior.

--

db·?¯`·...?><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

"share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

db ?¯`·.. >

my information is appropriate
for computers deemed to have
insufficient memory and there
is a need for more for buffering
or caching dvd movies or
making them.

--

db·?¯`·...?><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional
- Systems Analyst
- Database Developer
- Accountancy
- Veteran of the Armed Forces

"share the nirvana" - dbZen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leythos

8859-15?Q?_db_=3F=AF`=B7.._=3E=3C=29=29=29=BA=3E`_.._.?= <databaseben at
hotmail dot com> says...
my information is appropriate
for computers deemed to have
insufficient memory and there
is a need for more for buffering
or caching dvd movies or
making them.

No, it's not. 2GB of RAM, which the OP mentioned, is more than enough to
play any DVD movie on a PC. Any half-experienced tech would know that
already.

Your information is misleading and wrong.

Lil' Dave

Along with that don't buy name brand memory from other than the maker. You
could be getting what's called "seconds". If the maker doesn't retail sell,
you can never tell what you're getting.

--
Dave

CDOs are how we got here.
A modified version, new taxes in the future, is how Congress will get us
out?

Unknown

Sorry, but that is absolute hogwash. Buy memory from Crucial. They
manufacture it for computer manufacturers and what's more, they guarantee
it. And, I might add it is far cheaper than from computer manufacturers.

Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)

Along with that don't buy name brand memory from other than the maker. You
could be getting what's called "seconds". If the maker doesn't retail sell,
you can never tell what you're getting.

Complete and utter bunkum. Ever seen what HP tries to pull with
printer memory made by "HP"? It's just re-branded and priced 500% over
MSRP.

- Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)

Uncle Ben