Why is System.Data.DataRow.CheckColumn throwing an error randomly?

Henrik Binggl

From: Chung Tsen ([email protected])
Date: 2003-09-30 06:30:23 PST

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&
selm=uUoDZ8fBDHA.1820%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl

An error is thrown every once in a while when painting onto a datagrid..
It'd throw an error "Column 'Random' does not belong to table 'Table_A'"

The final call in the stack trace is ...

at System.Data.DataRow.CheckColumn(DataColumn column)

i came across the same problem and found no solution in web/groups.
then i started trying a bit:
my application shows a datagrid on a mdi form. the reloading of the
datagrid works if there were no forms displayed above the datagrid.
but if a new form
is displayed, which is no mdi form and is a modal dialog, the
exception occurs.
after trying some more possibilities (mdi childs, non modal dialogs,
....) i
found out, that there is something wrong with data datagrid / dataset
combination. so i replaced the dataset with an arraylist, which holds
my
self-defined rows for the datagrid.
now my application works just fine.