Why every file in a folder gets scanned

Sonic..

Hello,

I am currently working on a file monitor module, wherein every file
that's opened or closed gets scanned. I tested the module on vista,
and came across a small problem that whenever i try to access any
folder from the vista explorer, even though i have not accessed any
file in that folder, i get the call for all files in that folder.

I tried the same in other operating systems but it seems to occur only
in vista. in other operating systems it happens only when i double
click on any file or somehow access any file.

Can anyone please tell me why this happens ?

Swingman

"Sonic.." wrote in message
I am currently working on a file monitor module, wherein every file
that's opened or closed gets scanned. I tested the module on vista,
and came across a small problem that whenever i try to access any
folder from the vista explorer, even though i have not accessed any
file in that folder, i get the call for all files in that folder.

I tried the same in other operating systems but it seems to occur only
in vista. in other operating systems it happens only when i double
click on any file or somehow access any file.

Can anyone please tell me why this happens ?

Can't answer your question but it makes me wonder if the Vista behavior I've
noticed is part of the same issue. When I click to expand a folder in the
left pane of Explorer it takes a good deal of time to expand, while doing so
from the right pane the expansion is almost instantaneous ... if such a word
can be used about Vista. This is very pronounced when opening a network
folder when not connected to the network.