Why Does It Take So Long To Delete Files?

Pat

When I'm deleting a large number of files, it takes forever. Why is this?
This a new laptop which is supposed to be faster. It has 4 gig memory & a
large hard drive. It is also very slow when emptying the recycle bin. In
fact, everything in Vista seems to be slower than in XP, even though the
older computer was 4 years old. What's the big deal with Vista supposed to
be better? IMO it's not at all.

Pat

Frank Holman

Pat said:
When I'm deleting a large number of files, it takes forever. Why is this?
This a new laptop which is supposed to be faster. It has 4 gig memory & a
large hard drive. It is also very slow when emptying the recycle bin. In
fact, everything in Vista seems to be slower than in XP, even though the
older computer was 4 years old. What's the big deal with Vista supposed to
be better? IMO it's not at all.

Pat

We shall alert the media.

oscar

If it's a new laptop then contact the manufacturer. Before doing that, run an
antivirus scan on your computer. Yahoo! or Google "antivirus software". Also,
get rid of the bloatware.

Pat

It's a new HP 1247 laptop and I'm new to Vista (I have 64 bit). It's used
as a personal home computer with no network and no other users.

How do I find out what I can safely get rid of to reduce the bloat and make
it run faster? Is there a website that has a detailed listing in language
that I can understand to tell me what everything does?

I've already changed the setting to high performance rather than the
recommended
one.

Pat