Whole Column Conditional Formatting

B

bobdelrn

I'm having trouble getting my conditional formatting to work. The formula works fine =if($A3="","",$C3<=$I3) but when I try and apply it to = A:A it turns the whole Column red instead of just the formula part. I've tried $A$3:$A, $A3:A???. The only way I can get it to work is =$A$3:$A$10 but I want the whole Column formatted. Any help Please!! Thanks in advance.

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:30:12 -0700 (PDT) schrieb (e-mail address removed):
I'm having trouble getting my conditional formatting to work. The formula works fine =if($A3="","",$C3<=$I3) but when I try and apply it to = A:A it turns the whole Column red instead of just the formula part. I've tried $A$3:$A, $A3:A???. The only way I can get it to work is =$A$3:$A$10 but I want the whole Column formatted. Any help Please!! Thanks in advance.

select A3:A & last row
formula in CF: =AND(A3<>"",C3<=I3)
apply to: =$A$3:$A$1048576

Regards
Claus Busch

B

bobdelrn

Hi,

Am Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:30:12 -0700 (PDT) schrieb (e-mail address removed):

&gt; I'm having trouble getting my conditional formatting to work. The formula works fine =if($A3=&quot;&quot;,&quot;&quot;,$C3&lt;=$I3) but when I try and apply it to = A:A it turns the whole Column red insteadof just the formula part. I've tried $A$3:$A, $A3:A???. The only way Ican get it to work is =$A$3:$A$10 but I want the whole Column formatted.Any help Please!! Thanks in advance.

select A3:A &amp; last row
formula in CF: =AND(A3&lt;&gt;&quot;&quot;,C3&lt;=I3)
apply to: =$A$3:$A$1048576

Regards
Claus Busch

THANKS SO MUCH!!! Works like a charm!!!

Ask a Question