Where is report for scandisk and defrag?

Bob

I run an Vista Home Premium box. I run windows vista scandisk and check
"automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan for and attempt recovery of
bad sectors" and I walk away for a wile and come back and my computer has
rebooted. I think that is correct for vista to reboot but I cannot find the
report. Where do I find the report? How do I know it did its job without a
report?

I run windows vista defrag and there is no graphics showing how much work it
must do so I can ballpark how much time it will take. After it is done
there is no report or I do not know where to look for it. How do I know it
did anything? Where do I go to find the report for defrag?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello
Chkdsk report should be in the application event log.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]