Where are all the GOOD retailers?

Reaction score
I see a LOT of companies getting binned here, and while its usefull to know before you buy a PC or expensive component from one it would be really nice once in a while to see a retailer getting a glowing recommendation, indeed more than one.
Are they all so terribly bad or is it simply human nature that makes us want to rant a little louder when we have been burned?

Lets hear it for the good guys....it would help with choosing retailers who are worthy of our hard earned beer vouchers a lot easier. Right now it seems I see a deal on the internet or in a magazine and a little research reveals the retailer to be a heartless cowboy selling rubbish.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hi toastrack,

Check out the retailer ratings here, the discussion forums are mainly for problem solving/ranting, but the aim of this section is to let people know who the good retailers are. The retailer ratings are quite new - pcreview relaunched with a new design about a week ago so the ratings have reset - it may take a little while for people to add to it!

I hope this helps :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have only ever found one retailer/builder that has never let me down.

Me ... :p

Reaction score
When you get a great service from a company, I think that it is great to give the company feedback - it lets them know that they're doing something right and makes them feel great to make a customer happy (from experience!). Most importantly tell others about it too.

From a retailer point of view, when a customer tells me they are delighted with their system/service they have received, it makes it worthwhile, that we are doing our job right in delivering customer satisfaction. It makes a change from whinging customers who complain about anything and everything.... you know what I mean - complaining that their system was never right from day one (they had it over 3 months) and the computer keeps crashing etc...

What do we find when we inspect it? Antivirus never updated (all our systems have the antivirus up to date prior to delivery) and riddled with viruses and filled with spyware ("you sold the system and provided the antivirus!" or "how can you charge me £30 - it's still under warranty!"). Another one is they have installed software incompatible with Windows XP and we're responsible for the computer crashing!! "We're going to see our solicitors about this!" - well, this doesn't frighten us, as we know it's user error.

So when we see a customer that's delighted and happy, it makes us happy too and makes it worthwhile - so guys when you're happy, let the manager know!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kustom PC's. Bunch of Scottish Guys. Only supplier I would give a glowing recommendation to.

Closely followed by Chillblast.

All the others I've used, and there are many, have let me down one way or another.

All in all though, most are Ok until you get a problem. That's when you find out if they're any good or not.

Reaction score
Here's another for Kustom PC the best service you will ever get, they really care about their Kustomers.

Overclock.co.uk and Over-clock.com are also not far behind don't get mixed up wth Overclockers.co.uk

Ask a Question