What's your preference? Nero or Sonic MyDVD?

What do you like better for burning your dvd's? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I have
both and I'm curious what people like better.
Thanks!

well i personally have not had the chance to view Nero. Their download
system is pathethic for online ordering and there is no phone number to call.
And they do not answer their email in a timely manner. So my visa card has
been charged and no software. At least sonic mydvd has a number to call.

Customer Service is important. You can have a great product but if you
don't have decent support then the application can go down the drain. And it
is true the other way.

Tracie

KDE

I personally like Nero. it gives you many more options as far as quality
(bitrate) to encode your DVD enabling you to get much more movie on your
finished DVD (of course you sacrifice some quality - but at least its YOUR
Choice) the menu creation options in Nero also provide for a much more
customizable menu. differing lay-outs, movable buttons etc. the one thing
sonic does better is the creation of sub-menus. all in all, both good
products, but I prefer Nero.

| What do you like better for burning your dvd's? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I
have
| both and I'm curious what people like better.
| Thanks!
| --
| Shoot Straight and aim high!!!

KDE

one more note. Nero also lets you burn to an "image" file, that you save to
your hard drive, then using Neros Drive image you can mount the image (just
like putting a DVD in your drive) and preview the entire DVD, menus and all.
saves a ton on wasted disks, because the burn process failed. when you are
satisfied with your results you simply open the image in Nero burning Rom
and burn as many copies as you like !!! comes in very handy when burning
20 to 30 copies of a DVD (little league highlights, family video, etc...)

| I personally like Nero. it gives you many more options as far as quality
| (bitrate) to encode your DVD enabling you to get much more movie on your
| finished DVD (of course you sacrifice some quality - but at least its YOUR
| Choice) the menu creation options in Nero also provide for a much more
| customizable menu. differing lay-outs, movable buttons etc. the one
thing
| sonic does better is the creation of sub-menus. all in all, both good
| products, but I prefer Nero.
|

| | | What do you like better for burning your dvd's? Nero or Sonic MyDVD? I
| have
| | both and I'm curious what people like better.
| | Thanks!
| | --
| | Shoot Straight and aim high!!!

Tester

You already asked this today in this same section, so I guess I will
duplicate my answer as well. :)

Like many people, I have tried at least 6+ different popular apps. I really
like the ease, power, compatibility, and completeness of the Full NERO 6.x
Suite, which includes the Nero Buring ROM app, Nero VisionExpress 3, and
more. Also, if you get the DVD plugin for recoding, you can take an 8+ gig
double sided DVD and it does a great job of high quality compression to make
it fit on a single sided 4 gig DVDR. On most DVDs I can't see any real
quality difference between the 2. Tiny tiny difference. But extremely clear
and clean.

I have Roxio Media Creator 7 and MySonic at work and I can't stand them. And
I haven't been able to do as much DVD stuff as I can with Nero. I seem to
always run into complications with them. Not sure what the cheapest solution
is. Ulead DVD factory 3 I liked as well and also had good luck with it.

PapaJohn \(MVP\)

I've been using MyDVD for 2 years... downloaded and tried the trial of Nero
somewhere in there.... and stayed with MyDVD.

My preference is to go with the one that you learn and it works. MyDVD came
with my new Toshiba laptop 2 years ago. I got to know it, and it works...

I've read lots of good things lately about Nero... maybe if it comes with my
next computer, it'll become my preferred one.

A secondary reason for me staying with a Sonic product is the ongoing
relationship between the Microsoft products I write about and the Sonic
software.... the CD burning of MM2 and PhotoStory, and the DVD burning by
the MM2 version in MCE2005 are all using the Sonic codecs and underlying
Sonic software.... it's easier to write about it if I use it.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 - www.papajohn.org
Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
..

Thanks for all your responses. For the last year I've been burning my dvd's
using Sonic MyDVD because it came bundled with a firewire I bought. Nero
came bundled with a dvd-rw/cd drive, but for some reason every time I tried
to burn using it, the project would never finish burning-just went into
suspended animation.
I eventually got the full Nero software and downloaded the updates, and
boom, everything worked! I've burned a couple of projects with Nero recently
and like the bigger selection of menu templates Nero provides.
Overall, I like both programs and in the future will probably choose one or
the other based on the menu template I like for a particular project.
As far as editing, I love using Movie Maker for its ease and quality. I
like it much better than trying to edit with Nero or Win DVD which came with
my HP computer.
Happy editing!!!

After getting fed up with attempting to get Nero to work I finally bought a
copy of Sonic DVD for Photo Story 3 and downloaded it but all it does is sit
there on my desktop laughing at me because I don't know what to do next to
get it to burn a Photo Story 3 slide show file. Any help will be very much
appreciated.

John Inzer

Brian said:
After getting fed up with attempting to get Nero to work
I finally bought a copy of Sonic DVD for Photo Story 3
and downloaded it but all it does is sit there on my
desktop laughing at me because I don't know what to do
next to get it to burn a Photo Story 3 slide show file.
Any help will be very much appreciated.
============================
Maybe these articles will offer some ideas:

Burn a Photo Story to DVD
and Watch It on Your TV
http://tinyurl.com/8aasp

Putting Photo Story 3
Stories on DVD
http://tinyurl.com/6r9ap

How to create a basic DVD movie
using NeroVision Express 2
http://tinyurl.com/56ljy

Beginner's Guide to Photo Story
http://www.windowsphotostory.com/

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Hi Papa
I find this discussion interesting. Sometime age I had,still have a problem
with the Sonic V7 bundle fitted by HP with ny new Laptop.
I have had problems, sent to these pages and more importantly SONIC......as
yet there has been no advice or help forthcoming from SONIC (or HP)...Is this
bd customer relation typical with SONIC and GHP would you
know?..........Thanks......Darcy

PapaJohn

yes, unfortunately, it's typical of Sonic.... a key reason why I use Sonic
but don't recommend it.

Thank you Papa,
I hope they try to help soon???

On a number of occasions I have tried your website and found quite
useful......However,how does anyone talk to you or get questions to
you....I'm sure it's there, no computer buff here, but I damned if I can find
the answer to actual contact.As here in Newsgroup.........All the best Darcy

John Inzer

Darcy said:
Thank you Papa,
I hope they try to help soon???

On a number of occasions I have tried your website and found quite
useful......However,how does anyone talk to you or get questions to
you....I'm sure it's there, no computer buff here, but I damned if I
can find the answer to actual contact.As here in
Newsgroup.........All the best Darcy
==============================
It's always more productive to post your
questions in the newsgroup...that way
many others may benefit from the discussion.

The following info was copied from the
main screen of PapaJohn's website:

=====
Some people wonder if I respond to emails.
Yes, but I give first priority to newsgroup posts,
second to forum posts, then to my personal
activities, and finally to emails. Emails may
get you personal help but not help others. I
prefer letting all see the correspondence...
and others often respond sooner than I do,
with better answers. Having said that, feel
free to email me at:

(e-mail address removed)
=====

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

PapaJohn

Hi John,

Thanks for passing along the website note...

Darcy,

today and for the next couple weeks I'm on a trip and not responding to
emails requesting help except with a form note saying:

"I'm on a trip and won't be able to respond to emails from those seeking
help with Movie Maker or Photo Story.

Until I get back in late March, you're best off seeking assistance on the
forums at http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net or the newsgroup at
microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker"

John Inzer

PapaJohn said:
Hi John,

Thanks for passing along the website note...
==================================
No problem...just trying to be useful.

--
John Inzer