What The #$&* Have I done? TROUBLE saving movie created in Windows Movie Maker

G

PLEASE HELP!!!!SOMEONE??? ANYONE??? Ok? ....I'm trying to save a video I created on Windows Movie Maker for the first time. I thought I tried everything to figure out the problem.... still won't save entire movie. I created the movie which is about 22 minutes long, by scanning photos into my computer and importing them into the collections. The movie/video plays fine in the "PROJECT STATUS", however I wanted to save it on my computer as a movie(.WMV) and burn to a CD later but can't get it to save the entire project to a movie. It saves the first half perfectly and then the video freezes on one frame from that point on, although you CAN hear the audio for entire movie. I thought maybe the file was too large? But I have a new Dell 4400 Pentium 4 with Windows XP Home Edition and have plenty of space... (55,000MB) the .wmv file is only 84 MB up to the point it freezes. That's in High Quality Video(NTSC) Aspect Ratio 16:9. So I tried everything from changing how it's saved to increasing my paging file limit, defragmenting etc... I tried saving it as a movie to play on a different computer as well, but that's even worse, since it wants to make the file size so large and takes 2 1/2 days to actually save it?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I'M GETTING HOPELESS HERE!!!!! Obviously I have no clue what I'm doing... I just try to look good while I'm doing it ;( Email ME!!!! If you help me fix this I'll owe you big time!!!!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

File Formats Supported by Windows Movie Maker in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308464

Get Started with Windows Movie Maker
http://www.microsoft.com/WINDOWSXP/home/using/howto/movies/starting.asp

Please visit the Movie Maker experts in the Movie Maker newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| PLEASE HELP!!!!SOMEONE??? ANYONE??? Ok? ....I'm trying to save a video I created on Windows Movie Maker for
the first time. I thought I tried everything to figure out the problem.... still won't save entire movie. I
created the movie which is about 22 minutes long, by scanning photos into my computer and importing them into
the collections. The movie/video plays fine in the "PROJECT STATUS", however I wanted to save it on my
computer as a movie(.WMV) and burn to a CD later but can't get it to save the entire project to a movie. It
saves the first half perfectly and then the video freezes on one frame from that point on, although you CAN
hear the audio for entire movie. I thought maybe the file was too large? But I have a new Dell 4400 Pentium
4 with Windows XP Home Edition and have plenty of space... (55,000MB) the .wmv file is only 84 MB up to the
point it freezes. That's in High Quality Video(NTSC) Aspect Ratio 16:9. So I tried everything from changing
how it's saved to increasing my paging file limit, defragmenting etc... I tried saving it as a movie to play
on a different computer as well, but that's even worse, since it wants to make the file size so large and
takes 2 1/2 days to actually save it?? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! I'M GETTING HOPELESS HERE!!!!! Obviously I have no
clue what I'm doing... I just try to look good while I'm doing it ;( Email ME!!!! If you help me fix this
I'll owe you big time!!!!

Ask a Question