What kind of PCI SATA controller do I need for a WD 750G

Terry

Is what I need a PCI SATA 2 card?

I am trying to get a WD 750 working with an old Abit KT7A RAID mobo.

The PCI card I currently have is a SiI3112 A

Folkert Rienstra

Terry wrote in news:[email protected]
Is what I need a PCI SATA 2 card?

I am trying to get a WD 750 working with an old Abit KT7A RAID mobo.

The PCI card I currently have is a SiI3112 A

It doesn't matter one single bit if that drive has died.

Arno Wagner

Previously Terry said:
Is what I need a PCI SATA 2 card?
I am trying to get a WD 750 working with an old Abit KT7A RAID mobo.
The PCI card I currently have is a SiI3112 A

First you can try to get a BIOS upgrade for the SiL Card,
to allow it to support the larger card. If that does not work,
the current Promise SATA cards support LBA48, which is enough
for 750GB (and quite a bit more).

Arno

Terry

First you can try to get a BIOS upgrade for the SiL Card,
to allow it to support the larger card. If that does not work,
the current Promise SATA cards support LBA48, which is enough
for 750GB (and quite a bit more).

Arno

My search skills are not good, but I did go to Silicon Image's web
page to look. Maybe someone can direct me to one, but I don't think
one exists. This is what I found.

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/index.aspx?pid=63&cid=15&

Thanks