what is the pop3 server name of the hotmail

I am trying to set my account, so the outlook ask me to give the incoming
pop3 server name? I am ussing hotmail but i dont know nor the pop3 server
name nither IMAP server name? pleas i need NAMES?? thanx

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Hotmail doesn't have a POP server name. It's an HTTP mail server type which
is directly supported in OL2003 but you need a paid Hotmail account

Tygrinn

Outlook (not Outlook Express, but Office Outlook) does support Hotmail,
but as fas as I know, only for 'older' hotmail accounts. I believe the
addresses for POP3 and SMTP were mail.hotmail.com (both). But you can
also check out the various 3rd POP3 solutions that can be used with
Outlook to send and receive hotmail items.

I use hotmail popper.

- Tygrinn

Posted At: Thursday, October 27, 2005 10:09
Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook
Conversation: what is the pop3 server name of the hotmail
Subject: what is the pop3 server name of the hotmail

I am trying to set my account, so the outlook ask me to give the
incoming
pop3 server name? I am ussing hotmail but i dont know nor the pop3
server
name nither IMAP server name? pleas i need NAMES?? thanx

Tygrinn

Uh... yeah, that's the one :D

Crap I'm getting old... ;)

Posted At: Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:39
Subject: Re: what is the pop3 server name of the hotmail

Hotmail doesn't have a POP server name. It's an HTTP mail server type
which
is directly supported in OL2003 but you need a paid Hotmail account

news:[email protected]...