What is scan.hta

Colonel Blip

Hello, All!

I installed xp pro, sp-2. When I open My Computer all of the drives show up
with normal drive icons but one, which has an icon that looks a bit like the
one for an internet link. Single clicks on all other drives opens them; for
the one sport clicking on it give a message that it is missing "scan.hta". I
can right click, select open and get access to the drive but why isn't it
like the others and what is scan.hta?

Thanks.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Hi Colonel,

Enable Windows to Show all files and then locate the file Autorun.inf and
delete it from the root directory. (Example.. C:\ )

Restart Windows.

Colonel Blip

Hello, Ramesh,!
You wrote on Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:36:06 +0530:

Thanks. That fixed it.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail: (e-mail address removed)

RMM> Hi Colonel,

RMM> Enable Windows to Show all files and then locate the file Autorun.inf
RMM> and delete it from the root directory. (Example.. C:\ )

RMM> Restart Windows.

Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Does anyone actually know what scan.hta is?
I see from some other forums that antivirus utilities detect it as a malicious file... ???