What is "--" in Excel Formula (SUMPRODUCT)

I

IHN Warrior

I am trying to understand a formula and cannot find Excel documetnation on what the "--" (operator ?) means in Excel 2010. Can someone give me a brief explanation and point me to some documentation where I can at least understand what this is called? I used to think I knew excel pretty well!

Here is a sample formula where it is used along with a number of named ranges/arrays:

SUMPRODUCT(--(Planner_Type="I"),--(Planner_Category=Dashboard!$R20),INDIRECT($D$22))*Filter_Currency_ExchangeRate

C

Cimjet

I am trying to understand a formula and cannot find Excel documetnation on what the "--" (operator ?) means in Excel 2010. Can someone give me a brief explanation and point me to some documentation where I can at least understand what this is called? I used to think I knew excel pretty well!

Here is a sample formula where it is used along with a number of named ranges/arrays:

SUMPRODUCT(--(Planner_Type="I"),--(Planner_Category=Dashboard!$R20),INDIRECT($D$22))*Filter_Currency_ExchangeRate

Hi
It's called double unary, it changes "True/False" into 1 and 0's that Sumproduct can use fot its calculation

I

IHN Warrior

Excellent. Thanks for the lesson. I understand now!

Hi

It's called double unary, it changes "True/False" into 1 and 0's that Sumproduct can use fot its calculation

Ask a Question