what happened this morning??

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
this morning i forget the time but i think around 12:30 the site was down and it said that there was a database error. What was this problem and how did it occur?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We've been having a few server problems on and off for the last few months, and it happened again this morning - ironically, it is the backup system that causes this. Each time it happens I get a bit closer to fixing it, but I'm learning linux so I can move over to that in the coming months :)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok so is the backup system getting stuck with the backup which then causes for the server to crash? and what server was it the sql server or the storage?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its the SQL server playing up when the tables are all backed up, causing MySQL to overload somehow. I'm going though the logs to try and sort it, it seems to happen every couple of weeks :(

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
it sounds frustrating but is there any way for wehen that happens for it to automaticaly restore without it manualy done by you? so there is minimal downtime of the site?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, there should be - however it didn't work last night... I'm going to refine the system again to see if I can make that happen before we migrate to linux in a couple of months.

Ask a Question